Sign in to follow this  
melonman

418A PTO clutch facing/ backing plate X-Reference compatiblility

melonman
Hey guys, I am looking at needing to resurface/ replace PTO clutch facing / plate. I have a 31-18KE01 ('87 418-A). Diagram shows the assembly as PN 111238. Wondering how much difference there is between those found on 417-A or 312-A whcih all use 103817.

The individual (component) part numbers I have found from those selling (on ebay) and mentioned on a forum are 4365 (facing or plate and/or facing only) & 6657 (rivets (or plate?). In the Toro digram this is only listed as an assembly form what I can see rivets not separate from friction or backing plate.

I found an ebay seller with plate with material listed as 4365 & 6657. Are there different thickness and diameters for these-I found another selling the assembly as 103140 & 94-6650 that says are compatible with MANY of the C-series, B-series, etc. etc.

Can anyone verify that there are any difference or a cross reference for those that are either discontinued part numbers or compatible? I did see someone mentioned that the plate itself they received from Toro was thinner and they needed to shim to make up for the difference.

Any help? (-not looking for advice on how to do the friction material replacment-yes I know; I'm sure it is not that difficult.)

Thanks,
Larry

Jeff-C175

From:  http://www.mowpart.com/94-6650-toro-ass-y-clutch-plate.html

Part Number 94-6650         Replaces 103140, 103477, 103817, 111238, 114881

The newer clutch discs are bonded vs. riveted.  They used to sell the lining and rivets separately, and the ones you see on ebay have to be NOS parts.

Edited by Jeffpicks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      The RJ58 was the big hit for spectators this year at my local festivals here in Carroll County OH. 
      the children loved getting their pictures sitting on it, then they discovered the bicycle horn under the steering wheel. It’s always a joy even in parades. Just love showing off part of my collection every year and hearing all the stories from those that had WH in their lives at one time. Can hardly wait to get to retirement so I can get some of my other models back to their glory in working order and be able to attend other shows/festivals throughout the year. My fellow tractor enthusiasts always know when a spectacular starts asking about WH, they point in my direction. I study up on the history of the different models and always intrigue those that didn’t know much about how WH came to be. This website is one place that has helped me learn so much about the WH history and I thank you for sharing your knowledge that I am able to pass on to keep WH alive and well.

• BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible. 
    • HumbleHans
      By HumbleHans
      Operator manual 810343R1
      Wiring
      34 pages 17.5MB

Wiring Colored 
      1 page 228KB

1984 C-105 8-Speed model 11-10K802
      1984 C-125 8-Speed model 11-12K802
      1984 C-145 Automatic model 11-14KE01 - Some used alternate inner axle bearing See PSB #369
      1984 C-165 8-Speed model 11-16K801
      1984 C-175 Twin Automatic model 11-17KE01 - Some used alternate inner axle bearing See PSB #369
      1984 C-195 Twin Automatic model 01-19KE02

• FAST41
      By FAST41
      I am new to this group. I have my sons collection of Wheel Horse tractors that are definitely rare models. He still has one to pick up that’s dual wheel and was purchased from Peabody Coal Co. This is the perfect site to get involved with. The best advice comes from folks that are hands on.. had to be their own machine shop. Nothing compares to the knowledge in this group.! But my first topic is this 19hp Craftsman INDY 500 limited edition model. I was reading a topic on here about the 18hp and 20hp models, but cannot find a single replica of this tractor on ANY site or e-bay. We live near central Ohio, so I’m assuming it’s a regional release.The Briggs engine lobes like a medium cam in a V8. We thought it was an intermittent miss, but it’s not missing a bit. The engine is the strongest riding tractor I’ve ever operated. It will literally cook the deck belt in high grass before dragging the engine down. Very wide and lower to the ground. I never got the size, but the rearend is all tires.! Looks like a dragster from behind.. almost  gives the appearance of shortened axle tubes in a hot rod. Just wondering if anybodys ever seen this particular model. My next top is will be about the C160 total hydraulic Wheel Horse he just acquired. Claim they were specially made for snow removal.