papaglide

Plow attachment

papaglide

I just ot this off of that "bidding" website...shmeebay and need help identifying it. I got it thinking that I could make it into a potato plow but I would like to know a couple things about it.

1. Is it a potato plow?

2. Is it Wheel Horse?

3. What if any parts are needed to attach it to a tractor.

3. Is there a model number for it? There are know tags on it.

post-2771-0-06473400-1375917263_thumb.jp

Edited by papaglide

qd-16

Furrow attachment for a troybilt tiller I believe....

• Like 2

Kelly

Yes it's a Troybilt tiller attachment I've sold a few of them. 

papaglide

Thanks guys. I was afraid of that....

brandonozz

I have one of those I have no idea where I got.  Fabbed up a mount on a "A" frame on my D and used it to trench out the ditch across the street.  The ditch had silted in and the water wouldn't drain this spring and the mosquitos were breeding by the millions!  At least it looked like it!

Worked a lot better than a shovel.

Edited by brandonozz

CasualObserver

What type of hitch do you want to put it on?  Would be easily modified to fit. Just make something like this to go in the center. 

adapterhitch.jpg

If you're using a slot hitch instead, you could make one of these  (image from this topic)

adapterhitchcustom.jpg

• Like 1

papaglide

Thanks Jason for the ideas. I can't fab stuff, at least out of steel. If someone could fab one up, I would surely buy one!

ccrawfor8645

I have this same Troy Built rototiller plow with the wings.  I had a Wheel Horse 520-H that I somehow rigged up something to get it to fit onto its clevis hitch to plant potatoes.  Never could figure out how to use the wings to hill the potato plants.

I had to retire that tractor for parts.  I now have a Toro Wheel Horse GT550.  I still have the same Troy Built plow with the wings.  (I never could figure out how to use it on my rototiller.  My husband did it but I have to do all of it now.) 

I want to rig up something so I can use the Troy Built rototiller plow on my Troy Wheel Horse GT550 with its clevis Hitch. 

Does any one have any ideas?  I tried but really did not work.  I want to learn how to then use it to hill up my potato rows.

I have a big single plow that I use to dig up the garden in the spring before using my rototiller.  I was thinking of using the big single plow to make potato rows but how would I hill the potato rows?

obone

The easiest way I have found was with the disk. You point them like a V. I have only seen people use the plow to make the furrow or add spines to dig them up.