Ed Kennell

C-101 redo

Ed Kennell

I started on the C-101 redo today.  It won't be a restoration, just a good cleaning,  sanding and a couple dozen rattle cans.  Gotta find a carb, a seat , tires, and a clutch idler pulley.  Then I think I have it all. Sure makes a pile o parts when you strip-em.

daveoman1966

You're gonna use a LOT of rattle cans...lol.

As for parts.....

I have a 'restored' carb from a B-100 that had a K241 (10hp) engine. I did a 24-hour carb cleaner soak and put it in a box. It is clean as you see it here.

The idler pulley you want is # 7451 and I have it too. No drag or wobble at all.

Also have 2 NEW seats...one Hiback and the other is Loback design.

Tires tires tires of many sizes.

my direct email is:

daveoman@windstream.net

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Daveo, I sent you a e-mail.

Ed Kennell

Two weeks and 8 rattle cans later, the 101 is rollin again.

Ed Kennell

Thought it was time for him to meet the rest of the herd.

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:   Makin some progress, but still lots to do.

I got all the parts that I took off back on, but what is missing where the two square holes are in the PTO bracket ??

ol550

PTO brake

Ed Kennell

Anyone have a pic of the PTO brake ?

ol550

Tried to download a pic but could not get it done.  Check ebay item 271259135600.

chrisd200(inactive)

Thats exactly what I did. As much as I use my tractor I didnt want to do a total restoration. I took my D200 down about as far as you did with the C101, did a little minor sanding, some major cleaning, taped off a few  things and went to work with the rattle cans! Thats been about 4 to 5 years ago now and its held up fairly well. Good luck and looking Good!!!

rmaynard

Anyone have a pic of the PTO brake ?

If you need to know what it looks like, you have a couple of tractors in the herd that should have one. Can send you a picture if you still need it. I have a NOS brake in stock.  It is available for $17.00 which includes shipping.

Edited by rmaynard

Ed Kennell

Got the PTO brake figured out -- Thanks for the info.

:woohoo:   Just received my decals from The Vinylguy ----they look great. Perfect match on the red color.

Just need a little more advice on placement.

Is this correct placement for the shift indicators ?

I'm sure the hood side decal  should be parallel to the bottom edge of the hood and maybe 1/4" up to show the red edge. Should it be moved more left to the front till it touches the angled joint where the vertical side meets the top of the hood ?

What are the clutch decal and the red up/down decals for ?

The plastic grill insert is a cream color and is not a match to the white on the decals. Is this correct , or should I try to whiten the insert ?  What would be the best way to whiten the insert. Can it be cleaned with bleach ?  Or do I have to repaint entire insert ?

Ed Kennell

Anyone have a C-101 that can help with these decal questions ??

Martin

i think most of your decals would be placed the same as a blackhood (c1x5) so to speak......

i can post up a few of my c125 to help you. the round gear speed decals would go on the gear knobs if you werent sure. just from your placement i wasnt sure if you have the flat top knobs for the gear shift.....

Edited by Martin

Martin

post-4321-0-97996000-1378660290_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-64324300-1378659558_thumb.jp

the red up down decal is for the hydro lift indicator which you dont have to use as yours is manual.

the transmission drive clutch is also not needed as its for the hydro transmission drive belt clutch lever......

the hood decals need to be flipped from how you have them in the pic, im sure the c-model designation goes to the front of the hood...

post-4321-0-36731700-1378660748_thumb.jp

the hood side decals i would just place centered and just move a little back and forth when you are placing them to get them to look right. i usually leave 1/4 inch or so on the bottom like you mentioned.

i would recommend applying them wet to make sure you get the placement right. they are a long decal and its harder to get that bottom edge perfectly parallel with doing them dry and not getting wrinkles in them.

the headlight insert is one of those things that we deal with as plastic ages. i usually get terry to use linen beige instead of white on my decals to match up more with the wheel color i use and any other small white plastic on the tractor. i wouldnt worry about the difference since you have already put out money for the decals in white.

you could change the white on the insert but what if you arent happy with the result. i would just leave it as is......

Edited by Martin

Martin

did you get engine decals as well? 

post-4321-0-63722000-1378659464_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-97270200-1378659480_thumb.jp

Ed Kennell

Thanks Martin, You cleared up all my concerns. The shift decals really had me confused as my shifters had incorrect plain round knobs. I will get the correct knobs with the flat top for the decal inserts.

Ed

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   That will be what we street rodders call a show and go! Love to see a good looking worker.  :text-goodpost: 

:USA: 

Ed Kennell

No, I didn't know engine decals were available. I did save (taped up) the original engine decals on the top of the flywheel shroud. There were no decals on the starter I bought at the BIG show this spring.

Wow, just saw your edit on reversing the hood side decals. I didn't even question that -I thought WH always went to the front. I would really have screwed that up.

Thanks for the input, Ed

Martin

no problem ed, i went and edited about the hood decals. not sure if you read that or not, just make sure to do them wet and you will be able to spend time getting them exactly how you want them. when they are good, squeegee the water (or window cleaner as i use) from behind. make sure they dont move.

use a plastic bondo spreader with soft edges to avoid scratching the decal.

Lagersolut

Anyone have a C-101 that can help with these decal questions ??

You have decals for an automatic tractor - yours is an 8 speed .

Shift decals go on knobs

Parking brake - left of parking lock lever

big black operator instruction decal went on top of hood towards the rider - right side

Lift and PTO decal for 8 speeds were on the hood stand ( 1 decal ) at the steering wheel shaft

Short decal that says " wheel horse "  goes on the rear fender -center -below fuel cap - above body line - between reflectors

Hood insert I'm guessing is cream colored from age - those you can still order

# 2 on the parts list for sheet metal and covers

Toro Consumer part # 7416   $26.69

Lagersolut

no problem ed, i went and edited about the hood decals. not sure if you read that or not, just make sure to do them wet and you will be able to spend time getting them exactly how you want them. when they are good, squeegee the water (or window cleaner as i use) from behind. make sure they dont move.

use a plastic bondo spreader with soft edges to avoid scratching the decal.

Martin , can you direct me to those starter decals - those I couldn't find -  Terry doing those ?

Martin

terry does the engine starter decals in red, not sure if he has them in the store in black and silver like mine are. i usually want something 'special order' and we change colors around. bit like the linen biege instead of white, usually you have to specify what you want. i will look up the engine decals in the store and see if he has them in black. 

couldnt find them yet, maybe pm terry (vinyl guy). i know he would have them saved in a file somewhere.....

Edited by Martin

Lagersolut

OK - Thanks  - I'm 3/4 home , Terry does/has them

Ed Kennell

About 20 rattle cans later.................. Time to install Terry's new decals.

• Like 1