nylyon

2014 Wheel Horse Collectors Club Show June 20 - 21 2014

Kimtal

Can someone tell me if the fair campground has showers. I am just trying to figure out where to stay for the show.

Edited by Kimtal

953 nut

:woohoo:   All I need to do is convince the wife that the big show is being held to celebrate her birthday and I'm in!  :ROTF:   :text-lol: 

• Like 1

rmaynard

Can someone tell me if the fair campground has showers. I am just trying to figure out where to stay for the show.

Yes, they have nice showers. Not sure of the total, but there are three within about 100 yards of our campsite.

illinilefttackle

Information below:

attachicon.gif2014 WHCC show.png

Karl-just a bit off the subject-but- I have been doing some Genealogy searches and I noticed that the Flyer says "south Mountain" is this around the emmittsburg, Gettysburg area? My ancestors had a farm at South Mountain  used by General Howe of the Union army during the invasion of Pennsylvania. Thanks-Al

nylyon

I don't know the area too well, but it is not far from Gettysburg!

chazm

It is in closes to Arendtsville,PA

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=1iLuKwT" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Edited by chazm

illinilefttackle

Karl & Chasm thanks for the info-great map- This Ancestry search thing is getting wild! First I find a Tavern in the area-"New Midway" owned by my ancestor where George Washington spent the night during the "Whiskey Rebellion" And now I have found that during the invasion of Pennsylvania by  Robert E Lee, the opposing forces of Gen. Howard used my ancestors farm at "South Mountain" for his Headquarters. It's beginning to look like a trip to the Big Show would be in order-then a Historical trip on the side. I'll have to find a way to make it work. Thanks- Al

This page tells of the action around "South Mountain"  2Nd paragraph after the picture mentions the "Cookerly" Farm.

http://www.emmitsburg.net/archive_list/articles/history/civil_war/south_mountain.htm

• Like 3