Sign in to follow this  
prondzy

LeSueur Pioneer Power 2013

squonk

I haven't played golf in like 30 yrs. I would drive you crazy! I hit long shots left handed but the short stuff I'm right handed. The very last time I played our band had a tournament. I was pretty much sucking but I came on to a par 4 dog leg to the left. First shot blew.  :bow-blue:   2nd shot I was like 50 yds from the hole. I was in no mans land. Left or right? The guys were letting me have it pretty good! :) I chose a pitching wedge from the right and sank it for the only birdie of my life! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: Finally on 18, another par 4 I clobbered the tee shot. If it was baseball it would have gone into the center field restaurant in Toronto. My Dad operated the clubhouse for years and he never saw any body hit it that far. It was right outside the lounge window. I was like 60 yrds from the hole and it took like 28 shots to get it in! :ROTF::jaw:   One night my brother and I played 9 First par 3 I hit the pin on the tee shot. Next par 3 my brother hit the pin with his tee shot. :jaw:  I Worked grounds for 2 years in high school at the course. lots of whacky stories. :hide:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike...you would fit right in...great story. :)

AMC RULES

Never played golf...so I'd probably do really good my first time out.    :scared-eek:  

• Like 1

squonk

Favorite grounds crew story. I had to mow the greens which meant getting up with the chickens. It was cold one morning and the fog was thicker than peanut butter. I'm all bundled up on the greens mower and just finished the 4th green. I could barley see to mow. I'm heading down 5's fairway and I can see at most 10 feet in front of me. All of a sudden a golf ball lands in front of me and I swerve to miss it. I stop and think to my self "Who in the hell is golfing in this?" A min. later here comes an old guy in his 70's carrying his clubs wearing a a t-shirt and shorts! :jaw: :scared-eek:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

...and out of the mist comes a dinosaur with short little arms.    :scared-eek:

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Ok... lostthread.gif

Back to the show.......

Since there's a few new guys coming this year... I just thought it might be helpful to see this.  you can get official information and  showground map off the website http://www.pioneerpowershow.com but that doesn't really show what you guys need to know.  It's best to get in at the Alternate gate, in the parking lot.  Go in , turn left and go about 100 feet.  That's where we set up.  Fill in along the building first, and then across the lane as needed.  We're supposed to have the whole area, but some other brands often end up filling in across the street too.

First, here's the location of the show grounds, just off Hwy 26 between LeSueur and Montgomery on 265th Ave, just a few miles north of LeCenter.  

GPS address  34605 265th Ave, Le Sueur, Mn

LeSueurgrounds2.jpg

And here's the actual grounds.....One thing to remember, as you look at this map, North is to the left, East is up.
LeSueurgrounds1.jpg

Forecast this morning looked like a warm weekend... slight chance of showers Friday, Nice Saturday and potentially rainy Sunday... but heck, that's nearly a week away.  It'll change!

Looking forward to seeing you guys.  Don't forget your lawn chairs!! drinking_buddies.gif

• Like 3

dclarke

Thanks, Jason. That helps a lot. See you on Friday.

CasualObserver

You're welcome!  Safe travels to you all!

stevasaurus

THANKS JASON!!!... :)

prondzy

Just finishing loading up we will be there between 5-6pm tonight

CasualObserver

Joe's already there.  I'll see you in the morning, probably around 8.