Sign in to follow this  
3609horse

Look what my wife bought me today

3609horse

Saw this on CL and showed my wife and she said lets go look at it, so who am I to say no.

Once I drove it and played with the bucket I had to have it and she said yes. It will cost me

more down the road but I will deal with that later.  The gentleman is even going to deliver

it for me.   Been waiting a long time for a front end loader can't wait to play with it .

Gene....

post-6058-0-92610500-1374546300.jpg

post-6058-0-46838300-1374546308.jpg

post-6058-0-74425200-1374546314.jpg

post-6058-0-33419000-1374546325.jpg

• Like 6

horsesaver98

When I get older I want a wife like yours ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‰

• Like 1

Austin860

Was that in Connecticut? Or maybe in mass? I saw the post, went to look and it had been deleted:/

But great score!

KC9KAS

Nice looking D and loader!

• Like 1

Tankman

Boys 'n their toys!

That is one fine Stallion! Very well equipped!

Now, you won't be needing the wife for awhile! Can you loan her out to forum members for awhile?  :woohoo:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Awesome, I'll trade you.   :) 

• Like 1

Sparky

Awesome ! Which D is it? D-160?

You do realize she probably has a massive list of landscaping chores lined up for ya :eek:  !

Mike.........

• Like 1

chevyaddict83

Awesome ! Which D is it? D-160?

You do realize she probably has a massive list of landscaping chores lined up for ya :eek: !

Mike.........

if that was me, I'd be ok with more chores. More chores= more seat time.

www.perfecttrimlawnandgardencare.com

• Like 2

stevasaurus

That is probably one of the greatest Birthday Presents anyone could get.  I'm having fun just looking at it. :)

• Like 2

Pullstart

tractors?  or ?  ha!

nice score Gene!

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Nice looking D!

• Like 1

3609horse

Thanks for all the compliments.  As for my wife she said she is not training another. LOL

Got delivered today and it came with more extra parts than he told me about, always a plus.

Runs good, needs a little wiring work but I can deal with that.  The neighbors are already looking

while we unloaded it, probably thinking what is this guy getting now. LOL 

Gene...

3609horse

Was that in Connecticut? Or maybe in mass? I saw the post, went to look and it had been deleted:/

But great score!

It was in Ma.  just happened to come inside when it started to rain and saw it called and went to see it.

He said he posted it twenty minutes before.    Thanks, it is a nice tractor, and came with a lot of parts. :)

Wheel-N-It

Does she have a sister with a Wheel Horse???  If so, have her send me a picture of the Wheel Horse :banana-gotpics:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

tractors?  or ?  ha!

nice score Gene!

...yeah, or?  ha!    :ROTF: 

stevebo

I had that same set up that I restored. Mine was an auto 18 which was the same thing as a D180. They are great machines however they do have a few weak points. Figured I would mention it before you "find out" the hard way. The rear end had unhardened bolts from 73 to 76. if yours if post 1976 then you should be good there but either way I would not use it like a bulldozer. They are not meant for pushing too hard. The other thing to watch for it the splines on the hydro pump tend to wear out (again from pushing too hard imo. That loader is made for lifting and not pushing. Enjoy you new toy !! 

3609horse

I had that same set up that I restored. Mine was an auto 18 which was the same thing as a D180. They are great machines however they do have a few weak points. Figured I would mention it before you "find out" the hard way. The rear end had unhardened bolts from 73 to 76. if yours if post 1976 then you should be good there but either way I would not use it like a bulldozer. They are not meant for pushing too hard. The other thing to watch for it the splines on the hydro pump tend to wear out (again from pushing too hard imo. That loader is made for lifting and not pushing. Enjoy you new toy !! 

Thanks for the information..  It came with a spare pump and yes the splines are wiped out.  I have spent the day tinkering with it and getting used to driving a bigger tractor.

I was kinda surprised at how quick something this big goes. Thanks again.

Gene...