Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

How do I remove the electric PTO from a GT 14?

Stigian

Morning all, how do I get the electric pto from the engine on my GT 14?

I've taken the bolt out the end of the shaft and can see a thread in the PTO (not the one in the shaft), makes me wonder if I need to find a bolt to wind in which will push the pto off the shaft?

Am I right with that thinking?

If so, what size thread is it in the pto?

Cheers guys.

sorekiwi

Yes, you are right with your thinking Ian.  You screw the bolt into the PTO and it acts like a jacking screw.

But I don't remember the size of the thread.  Hopefully someone else can chime in with that.

• Like 1

Stigian

Thanks for that Mike..  The search no continues hunting through my many boxes, tins, tubs, bags and drws of bolts and bit's in the hope I find the right one! :)

gwest_ca

This PSB should do it

5/8"-11 threads x 4" or longer plus two 5/8"-11 nuts, and a quantity of 5/8 SAE Washers

or

1"-8 threads

Garry

• Like 1

Stigian

Thanks for that Garry, I'm running our of boxes etc to look through... You just know if I have one it will be in the very last place to check  :)

gwest_ca

More on the electric pto subject

(This last one was replaced by PSB #298C in the previous post)

Garry

Shuboxlover

Thanks for that Garry, I'm running our of boxes etc to look through... You just know if I have one it will be in the very last place to check  :)

Of course it'll be the last place you look....why would you keep looking if you found one  :)  :laughing-lettersrofl:

• Like 2

squonk

Check the last place first! :) Do you even have SAE bolts over there? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Kelly

Just a tip on screwing it off, (that sounds bad) put two washers in the hole on the end of the crank with lots of grease on them for the bolt to press on, some come off VERY hard. 

• Like 1

Stigian

Of course it'll be the last place you look....why would you keep looking if you found one  :)  :laughing-lettersrofl:

Things are normally in the 2nd to last place I look, I just can't find that box yet :laughing-rofl:

Check the last place first! :) Do you even have SAE bolts over there? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

I like your thinking Mike, check the last place 1st :)    SAE bolts over here? Er... No idea, I'm just hoping to find the right bolt in my years old collection!!

Just a tip on screwing it off, (that sounds bad) put two washers in the hole on the end of the crank with lots of grease on them for the bolt to press on, some come off VERY hard. 

A handy tip, thanks Kelly. This pto might well come off very hard, for some reason I thought it had a reverse thread in the end of the crank.... So.... I might of tightened it up a bit first before realizing my mistake!