Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

48" deck blades

Sparky

I have a 48"SD deck # 05-48MS01 and I'm after a set of new blades. According to the TORO master parts site it takes part# 106636 for blades. These are 14" blades(3). The 42"SD deck also takes the same set of blades! How can that be? Are the 42" blades staggered or something?

Mike..........

TT

Toro groups both decks together on the MPV. B)

106636 are 14" blades for the 42" deck, and 106637 are 16" blades for the 48" deck.

Sparky

Thanks TT. I was startin to pull out whats left of my hair B) tryin to figure out what was what.

Mike.............

TT

Here's a LINK to the "TNT parts" listing on ebay.

It lists the Stens numbers and the dimensions if you would like to try aftermarket blades. I use them on most of my newer decks without any problems. (and they're cheaper too! B) )

kj4kicks

Try the "Gator" blades. I really like mine !

C-Series14

X2 on Gators!!!

TT

I've never used GATOR blades, but I have been known to use GATOR spark plugs. B)

071208henryshaul007.jpg

hodge

When I bought my 1600, it had a set of new Gator blades on it, and I did not like them. Because that 42" deck has the stepped pulley, I could not run at more than half throttle, or they would vibrate at high RPM's. Drove me crazy, although I did save gas... I bought a set or "regular" blades, and it was fine then. They aren't for me.

TT

Sounds like they just needed balanced. :whistle:

I've had quite a few amateur-sharpened blades that would have knocked the spindle bearings out if I wouldn't have rebalanced them. B)

C-Series14

Been running Gator Blades for 6 years now, 2 acres a week, and no problems. Even have a set on the 60" WH rear finish mower and they work great also...guess there might be a bad set somewhere in the world... B)

hodge

They were new, put on by a shop by the PO. They were fine up to half throttle, but at full throttle, they had a "resonance". I wouldn't call it a vibration, but a constant resonance that went away when you reduced the throttle. The 16 horse briggs would mow through anything at half throttle, so it was no big deal, but I didn't like them, so I replaced them with regular blades. End of problem. It runs up fine now, with no funny business. I am sure they are good blades, and I know many folks who get good service out of them. I am just as happy with the regular ones.