Sign in to follow this  
onisius

Kohler 2416s-46636d metal fuel pump rebuild kit...fact or fiction?

onisius

Does anyone know if a legitimate rebuild kit for a Kohler 10 hp metal fuel pump exists? Some say obsolete, some say it is out there.If so ,where? If not,where is a reliable and fairly priced replacement pump available?

Kohler price for replacement pump is beyond belief. Company should be drawn and quartered for raping

loyal customers.

groundhog47

Don't know if still in business, but site comes up. Down to center pick rebuild kits, takes you to page with price

http://www.maritimed...arts_cellar.htm   someone on here posted tis in 2011

Edited by groundhog47

posifour11

Don't know if still in business, but site comes up. Down to center pick rebuild kits, takes you to page with price

http://www.maritimed...arts_cellar.htm someone on here posted tis in 2011

I think that's the bunch that folks here have been having trouble with. Wrong hole spacing etc.

rmaynard

Wrong hole spacing for the K161/181 pumps. Had two of them fail after rebuild. Wasted my money. Would have been better off in the long run buying a new plastic pump.

KATO

Bought one from them a year and a half ago...... pump worked for about month

then the rubber check valves swelled up . They said it was from additives in the fuel

but we have non-ethanol premium (REAL GAS) up here so i know thats not the case.

i even phoned ESSO, SHELL and PETRO CANADA (SUNCOR) tech lines. :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

onisius

Thank you all,

I appreciate all of your input to my inquiry. I was wary of maritimedragracing.com after reading Brian Miller website,but had to ask. It seems plastic replacement is way to go much as my instinct says no. Sorry if I offended anyone with my rant on Kohler OEM but on the

advice of a fellow member I recently purchased a starter solenoid from Del-City for my 1974 C-100 which was an EXACT replacement at

less than 3 1/2 times the price of Toro/Kohler OEM cost! I support capitalism, but this I find to be piracy. A sincere mea culpa to those I

may have offended. I love this site and am proud to be a member.

Onisius

bartl

Ran into the same problem with the mechanical pump on my Tecumseh, which is virtually identical to the Kohler pump except for the pump lever.  Found a place that had a used pump from a Wisconsin...... twenty bucks later I just swapped the head with the poppet valves in it and back in business.  I'm thinking about taking the old head, drilling out the bottom so I can replace the poppets with some screw-in check valves, and sealing the holes with welch plugs.....  The other option I was thinking of was removing the poppets altogether and using some 1/8npt in-line check valves on the inlet and outlet.