Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorse66

1056 puller

wheelhorse66

would my 1056 be strong enough to make into a puller can the transaxle take pressure

groundhog47

All I can say is :WRS: as am unfamiliar with axel dia. We have a few on here that will surely know all about that, so just check back and good luck with your project.

• Like 1

wheelhorse66

thanks my cousin gave me the 1056 and its in very good shape i just wonder how strong the transaxle on it is its the original transaxle

welderman85

someone smarter than me can correct me if im wrong but I think it would have 1" axles. I know a guy that pulled a raider 10 with the same rear and he got a season out of the stock rear before upgrading to the 8 pinion 11/ 8 rear end. what motor are you planning to run? he had  a 14 single then went to a 18 v twin then blew the stock rear

TT

It's quite simple, actually.......

The stock Uni-Drive tranz will hold up until it breaks.

It is impossible to tell when that will be since none of us know the internal condition of the tranz, what kind of operator you are, or the conditions under which you will be pulling. One slip of the tire followed by a good bite and even the toughest 8 speed can let go under the right (wrong?) conditions.

It's a 4 pinion 3 speed with 1" axles, so don't expect miracles - but don't let it discourage you either! :handgestures-thumbup:

Go hook it up and pull. If it breaks, make it stronger and try again. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 2