Sign in to follow this  
Amanda

Boston strong

Amanda

So what is y'all's opinion of the rolling stone magazine... ? It's seems that instead of putting a celebrity such as a brad Pitt they put a full cover shot of the Boston marathon bomber...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/17/19523421-rolling-stone-boston-bomber-suspect-photo-stirs-online-controversy-cvs-walgreens-drop-the-issue

Stay wicked strong boston!!!

Sparky

Even tho no-one like the guy he is news and people want to know whats up with that whole story. I don't think having his picture on the front is promoting the guys agenda, its just selling mags. No music news or celebrity news interests me in any way so I would probably never buy a copy of Rolling Stone....but the Boston Bomber story does interest me and if i saw it on a newsstand I just might be tempted to pick up a copy( plus I do like Willie Nelson!)

Mike.........

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Rolling stone magazine jumped the shark ages ago, they are doing it so people will talk about it and buy their drivel. 

AMC RULES

Would you really buy it if Brad Pitt was on the cover? 

MaineDad

Disgusted.

Amanda

Um no brad Pitt makes me want to vomit I don't even consider him good looking... I understand that we will be seeing him in history books hearing about him for the rest of our lives but seriously rs must be desperate or something to put him on the cover. It is disgusting

Amanda

We'll said

post-5815-0-51986600-1374149815_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Duff

I'm 100% with Tom Menino on this one!

Duff  :USA:

stevasaurus

I'm 50/50 on this one.  It sounds like they did a very good in-depth article on this guy and the bombing...and in no way did they try to glorify him or the issue.  On the other hand, I never did like seeing the media go crazy and giving these guys tons of coverage with pictures.  They did a cover with Charles Manson on it, and a few others, back in the day...so this is not something new for Rolling Stone.  We do have freedom of speech, but I do not have to support or look at things that I do not want to.  I have freedom of choice.  Only in America. :flags-usa:

MalMac

If they want to put him on the cover fine. I think it should be a before and after Pics. Before as seen now and after of him hanging from a tree with a stick of TNT shoved up his *&#!!. Come on Really Rolling Stone, give publicity to a sworn combatant of the US.

• Like 2

DOC in Kentucky

My two cents, its all about selling the publication!. Will this article help sell more....probably! Will this become a collectable issue....time will tell. My take is the usual readers/ subscribers will continue their subscriptions and life will go on. My opinion of this guy or what he and his brother did will not change from what I find out or read about him in an article! He and his brother did a cowardly act that hurt and continues to hurt many people. I don't feel he deserves any recognition or publicity and hope he rots away in his cell.

Just my 2 cents!!!  

• Like 1

dennist

Doesn't even deserve a comment!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

:ROTF: Rolling Stones?? Never really liked Mick

chazm

Its what they do to sell mags. They had Charlie Manson on the front page as well, think that cause a stir back then??  :eek:

Don't agree with it,,, :snooty:   but...

Its what they do to sell mags...   :dunno:

chasm    :flags-waveusa:

roscoemi

Another example of what a liberal arts or journalism degree will show you how to do, and make you think you can actually defend it. :angry-cussingwhite: 

tunahead72

Has anybody here read the Rolling Stone article?

Amanda

I have.