Sign in to follow this  
FZR

Help With A 1984 LT-1100

FZR

Hello everyone.  I'm new here.  I've spent time going through the forums and manuals trying to find a  picture of the undercarriage of this model.  I need to install a new drive belt that runs from the PTO to the Transmission.  The old one broke so I'm not certain as to the path the belt should take around the pullies idler wheels and guides.  I did find the instructions for the replacement.  It included a VERY bad picture.  The picture is so bad that I can't  even make out the guides.  Does anyone have a better picture or link to one?  Thanks.

groundhog47

:WRS: , looked all through manuals and couldn't find a pic of routing. Do you have more than one pulley after belt leaves engine pulley. On most belt guard is also integral with adjustment as belt goes over clutch idler (if standard trans) and over and around trans driven pulley. Now if you're saying belt is on PTO, haven't seen that and wouldn't begin to know. If you still haven't found it someone on here will have an exact pic or know how. You'll get er fixed! 

FZR

Thanks for the effort Gerry.  The LT-1100 3-speed has a pulley on the transmission, it also has two idler pulleys mounted on the chassis.  There is a single guide on the rear idler pulley shaft and a double guide on the front idler pulley shaft.  There is one more guide mounted directly on the chassis next to the transmission pulley.  Up front on the vertical drive shaft that comes from the engine, there are two pulleys.  One drives the transmission.  The other drives attachments like the mowing deck blades, snow blower, etc. I think I have the belt path for the transmission belt pretty well figured out except for the path around the front idler pulley and front double guide. 

The odd thing is that there is a very clear diagram in the parts manual that shows the belt, the shape the belt takes when it is properly installed, and all the pulleys and guides except the front idler pulley and double guide.

gwest_ca

Look at the "Brake And Clutch Linkage" page. The are a few instructions there for the front guide.

Garry

FZR

Hi Garry,

Thank you for your help.  I'm not sure which manual the "Brake and Clutch Linkage" page is in.  Sorry.  I have looked and just don't seem to be able to find it.

gwest_ca

Go to the Toro Master Parts Vierwer

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Enter LT-1100 and pick the line with the 3-speed in it. On the right is Assembly Drawings (This may be a link to it.)

Then open the Brake and Clutch Linkage

Clicking on a small printer icon at the top left of the illustration allows you to print the page.

Garry