Pullstart

For any non-traditionalists... pictures?

Pullstart

It seems there are many model correct restorations and I think they're all awesome, is there anyone out there that did a custom or non-traditional paint job?  I have ideas for "Put Put", no real experience with paint on any restore project.

feel free to share images of your custom paint

jachady

Like this-

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I PUT A 10 H/P DIESEL IN MY 417-8 AND A CRANE ON THE BACK AND A WINCH ON THE FRONT.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I know I've seen a few OD greeen, military themed paint jobs...

and Kelly has a nice, candy apple red hot rod he did up for one of his kids...

then there's a few members with satin black rat rods out there too.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

What do you have in mind?    :popcorn:

Pullstart

I think a red/cream theme would look pretty cool, but with the corvette "curve" on the sides of the grille and hood.  I'm sure I'd have to play with the layout with some paper and tape for a while to find what I like, but I still think it would be cool to two-tone the body and have the same cream wheels with maybe even a red pinstripe to match...  not sure what should be done with the engine, whether following the same paint idea or have a separate color altogether.  I like the green on the Kohler and would love to keep that classic color too.

now keep in mind this will never be a trailer queen, it'll never stop being used and most likely it'll need to have touch up work done to it from time to time.

Pullstart

59red3.jpg

something like this, in a way.  if you can imagine the sides of the grille and hood being the cream...  I wonder if there's any photoshoppers around here that can play with the idea!

546cowboy

Actually I have been thinking about doing something different. But then again I can get kind of carried away when I go on a paint binge. I have never done a Wheel horse yet but I have done a few as evidenced by my old Craftsman hot rod. It was back when the Iraq thing had everybody patriotic that was Desert Storm. It also was almost the 4th of July. Once you get started it takes on a life of it's own.

post-1334-0-30269500-1374002118_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-06358800-1374002137_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-16271000-1374002155_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Pullstart

As I'm reading about the patriotic country we live in, Aarron Tippin - Stars and Stripes is on the local radio station.  May we always honor our country, for it's core values and freedom.  I'm Proud!  Thanks to those who serve, and to those who have fallen! 

953 nut

post-8798-0-60366200-1374008202_thumb.jp

Thanks for remembering us Vets. My custom is not exactly patriotic but I have been a street rodder for years and just couldn't resist;

:USA: 

• Like 3

Electro12WH

I've painted the wheels the same color as the body. A WH has to be red, but there are a lot of different reds. I wish someone made spun aluminum moon wheel covers. Full size, not baby moons.

squonk

I'm currently working on a C-145 that will be a bit different from what your describing but along the same line of thinking

Jeff-C175

I wonder if there's any photoshoppers around here that can play with the idea!

Somehow I wonder if I got this right or not?

post-10366-0-95707000-1374115080.jpg

• Like 6

Digger 66

I saw a guy on another forum do his ATC in a Caterpillar theme .

I have to say , it's got me thinking .....

Pullstart

attachicon.gifVette Horse.jpg

yep, that's exactly what I was thinking... I'm sure I could restore my horse for a few hundred bucks and it would look just like that!

that deck looks a ton better than a set of sidepipes.

Edited by pullstart

tunahead72

Nice! :handgestures-thumbup:

Is that the rare factory Wheel Horse 96" dual side discharge mower deck I see there?

953 nut

:ROTF:   :laughing-rolling:   Hay, those are my wheels and mower deck! :text-coolphotos: 

• Like 1

Kelly

Here is a not quite right WH I did for my Daughter, mostly a restore with a bit of spin on the color.

100_3815.jpg

I know it's not done in this pic but I love it for the color the camera got it just right here with the flash.

100_3799.jpg

• Like 3

Jeff-C175

Hay, those are my wheels and mower deck!

Yeah, I shoulda given you credit!  Thanks for letting me use them... I promise, I didn't do any smokin' burnouts!  All the tread is still intact!

Pullstart

that's a nice red Kelly, hopefully I'll be able to get out to some of the MI shows to see some of you and the other guys' collections soon!  I'll be out of town for the Charlotte show.

Thanks for sharing

Aldon

This is worthy of another bump. I really like standard colors but a couple of these are really eye catching.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Good idea Aldon. I'll bet there's out of the ordinary tractors out there. It's fun to see them.