Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

What I worked on yeterday and today

Shuboxlover

Bought and installed a 4" lift for the Waggy and finally got it around to installing it this weekend.  I think it looks MUCH better.  New BFG's to come in a week or two.  Next up for the Wags....a Rhino grille (if I can find one)  If anyone knows of where one is at I would be VERY appreciative!!! 

Here are a couple before and after pics (the last pic is of a Rhino grille)

IMG_20130710_174627_233_zps60226157.jpg

IMG_20130710_174639_182_zpsd9becd8e.jpg

IMG_20130713_133538_172_zps09addf27.jpg

IMG_20130713_133523_814_zpsd276f5c7.jpg

2011-10-06_15-34-48_412.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Looking good, have you checked here for the grill?   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/

posifour11

I like that look. I've been hoping to find a lift for my dads 66 wagoneer, but no luck yet.

Shuboxlover

Here is the latest....new BFG's  31 x 10.50 x 15

Still waiting and wanting to find a Rhino grille.

IMG_20130726_170146_609_zpsdfccfc56.jpg

IMG_20130726_170133_816_zps4559f628.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Very cool!

Ken B

I've wanted one of these for a REAL long time! (still do) It looks like yours is in real nice shape. The lift you put in it is the perfect height. A set of early aluminum Jeep slot rims would look killer on it. These Jeeps are awesome off road!

Shuboxlover

We've actually been looking for  a set of those, but all the ones I've seen are totally shot.

6wheeler

I like those Grand Wagoneers. But, sorry to say. I would take a Cherokee Chief (the big 3 doors they had in the 70's and early 80's) I had a 79 and it was great. I've also had 2 J-10's and a J-20. My 74 J-10 had the 360 and a 4spd. No frills, no P.S., no P.B. not even an AM radio. But, it did have dual tanks. One mounted inside the box with a hose going down to the regular tank. So when the gauge read empty? You were out of gas. It held 29 gallons total. It was all work no comfort. I was surprised to see it didn't have a wooden bench for a seat. I also had an 83 J-10 stepside "Honcho". It had the 250/6 and a 5spd. That engine was surprisingly powerfull in a truck that size. The J-20 was a 77 and it was loaded. 401, 4spd. With P.S., P.B. Am radio, vinyl seat, vinyl floor (I think you were supposed to just hose them out if they needed cleaning) And the big option? A factory installed sliding rear window. Oh boy. My C.C. was a 79 and it was pretty nice with the 360, Automatic and Quadra Trac. These were all very capable trucks and they all got better mileage than anything I have owned since. Nice " Woody" you got there Is it an 79'? Do you have the leather in it? I just looked at an 84 Grand Cherokee. It was in very nice condition and only 45,000 miles but, I just couldn't justify the $6000.00 bucks he was asking. It still smelled new. Good luck with your "Waggy"

kaiser

very nice grand you have there.

these things are worth a fortune today. people in europe will pay $30k or more for these.

Shuboxlover

6Wheeler.....I would LOVE to have a J truck...shhhh, don't tell my wife, I'm secretly looking for one :)!!!!!!!!!....I think they are cool as he!!.....Our wags is an 1987...the only things that don't work on it is the rear defrost and the delay wipers.  It's in really good original shape, not all rusted out.  All the bolts I have taken off this thing, NONE of them have been rusted!!!  I drove clear the heck down to Arkansas to get it and it must have lived down there it's entire life because the thing has almost zero rust on it....

Kaiser (love the handle by BTW :))  As much as we love this thing.....I would gladly sell it for $30k and not lose ANY sleep over it, so if you have a lead on someone that wants to buy it for that, there would be a sizable finders fee headed your way :o

I started on the Gladiator conversion this weekend....I'm all done except I'm waithing on one headlight trim ring and to paint the header panel....was going to do it tonight but it's too humid.  I leave for Detroit Wednesday, so it'll have to happen this weekend.  This thing is REALLY shaping up...I'll post pics of the Rhino conversion...looks like a TOTALLY different rig!!!!

welderman85

That looks great I Have always wanted one of those . I might get one soon the yj is getting a little cramped with the baby on trail runs

Rollerman

Man those J trucks look good.

Shuboxlover that is a nice one!

Would love to find a J wagon or pickup truck, but around my parts rust has killed most of them off.

Anyone remember the TV series "Daktari"....used to watch it just because of the Jeep trucks. :handgestures-thumbup:

Shuboxlover

Got the header panel painted tonight....I'll get full body shots of it tomorrow, but here is the front now.  I'm VERY happy with it!!!

IMG_20130809_213104_683-1_zps5c83dd9b.jp

IMG_20130809_213712_885_zpsf3e77b42.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Looks really good.   :scared-eek: 

shallowwatersailor

Nice retro look on the Wagoneer. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Shuboxlover

Here she is all dressed up to go out on a Saturday night....lawn is mowed, trimmed, fertilized and watered......time for some BBQ, brews, and a fire pit with good friends.... :handgestures-thumbupright::beer:

IMG_20130810_162208_096_zpsd2e26aab.jpg

IMG_20130810_162219_373_zps4a07e4e3.jpg

6wheeler

Looks cool. Not a big Rhino fan here. But, it looks like it could grow on me. You still need the wrap around brush guard and the camera perch on the luggage rack(For your film crew).   Looks good         Pat

Coadster32

What an awesome looking jeep!! :bow-blue:  Great mods to it!!

kaiser

that looks so cool. classes the old girl up.

grnlark

That looks wicked

Ken B

Not only does it look awesome but its also a great conversation piece!