Sign in to follow this  
papaglide

2 well used horses

papaglide

Guys, spotted these 2 for sale at what appears to be a real nice price but something about them doesn't look right. They both seem to have been repowered with a recoil start motor. Am I correct with this assumption? I would hate to pull the trigger on one or the other and have it the tractor turn out to be more trouble than I can handle.

post-2771-0-98219600-1373650819.jpg

Wheel Horse Kid

Yes, looks to me like they both have been re powered. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it just kills the value a bit. I would say if you can get them reasonably cheap, I would go for it!!!

Sparky

Both motors look like they were mounted much closer to the operator than the original motors......I bet the belt guard has been cut on both (or its completely missing).  

Would have to be real cheap to interest me.

Mike.........

• Like 1

546cowboy

One closest looks like it may be a 655 and I would believe the reason the motors are back that far is they replaced the 6 hp. Tecumseh's with 8 hp.'s. Those won't fit up where they belong because of the air cleaner and carb. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one and maybe $250 for both and that's only if they run. Odds are besides the belt guard other parts will be missing. Make good parts tractors though.

Edited by 546cowboy

Cutlas3391

Yea i saw those to on craigslist there not to far from me ether. They would just be parts tractors. I got 2 Black Head tractors for you but they would need to be restore though. C-85/C-125

Wheel Horse Kid

Yea i saw those to on craigslist there not to far from me ether. They would just be parts tractors. I got 2 Black Head tractors for you but they would need to be restore though. C-85/C-125

Just to let you know, they call those tractors "Black Hoods" not "Black Heads". Just trying to help ya out. :)

• Like 1

baerpath

I'd pass if it was me.

papaglide

A pic from the opposite side does show the belt guards missing. One is 125 and the other is 225. I am passing them up. Cutlass, I saw those. They don't look in bad shape. Just don't have the dough now.

Cutlas3391

Yea i price just little high I can make you a good deal if your interested or if your interested could trade for your 416-8 I got other wheel horse goodies too. I like the old trading ways or barter deals...

953 nut

I just sold a repowered 855 today for $200 :woohoo: .  I was pleased as punch, and the buyer didn't even try to bargin the price down! (truth be known I would have taken $100) It did the job OK but I just didn't like the non :wh:  look, only bought it for the attachment package that came with it. 

If you don't mind explaining the look to everyone at the shows go for it.

BPjunk

It really puzzles me as to why the engines were set back on the frame. Putting the engine back on the tractor with the show would make for terrible steering in the show with the front end lighted. And if they moved the engines back so the air filter and muffler that came with the new engines would fit ...... well it would 've easier just to remove the hood. Cutting the belt guard down to make this set up work may not be so bad but can you imagine getting the correct belt length ?

Wild Bill

Richmond, VA

Cutlas3391

Just to let you know, they call those tractors "Black Hoods" not "Black Heads". Just trying to help ya out.

I cant believe i said black heads i pulled a 20 hour shift at work that day lol. :)

Wheel Horse Kid

Just to let you know, they call those tractors "Black Hoods" not "Black Heads". Just trying to help ya out.

I cant believe i said black heads i pulled a 20 hour shift at work that day lol. :)

LOL! I understand. We all have days like that! :)