Sign in to follow this  
OhioGregg

518H Doing some work

OhioGregg

I had a video on VHS that I copied to a CD years ago. Its my 518H plowing garden with a Brinly (sp?) 10" moldboard plow. Video was taken in early 1990's. Not the most exciting video in the world, LOL  But shows the Wheel Horse 518 easily handling garden work. Have a disk also that I used on it. My brother was up visiting, so he is on the 518H early in the video. I took over later.

Used a Dynamark 11/42 Garden tractor before the WH. Havn't put out a garden in some years now. I used wheel weights & chains on the Dynamark, but never used them on the 518. Seemed to get along OK without. I have a 520H also, but never used it in garden work. Had the dealer install the sleeve hitch on the 518 when it was new. Have thought about switching it over to the 520. The manual lift on the 518 will wear you out.  LOL 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fd3xjWzv7Z8

:beer:

Gregg,

• Like 4

Wheel Horse Kid

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing!

papaglide

Very impressive "garden"!! Thats not a garden, that's HUGE! Thanks for sharing!

ericj

how is the trans holding up in the 518. they are suppose to be junk. but if you get a good one they do very well. the 518 i just bought still has the eaton 700 in it and seems to run good of course it only has 425 hrs on it when i bought it. it now has 427

eric j 

• Like 1

Tankman

Great video, greater memories. How does your garden grow.....excellent!

I can remember neighbors laughing when I rolled out a very old Horse with a bottom plow. Their laughing changed to amazing stares (couldn't believe what they were watchin'). A Stallion'll do that to y'all!

Thanks for sharing. You did a great job with your 518H!  :ychain:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

OhioGregg

how is the trans holding up in the 518. they are suppose to be junk. but if you get a good one they do very well. the 518 i just bought still has the eaton 700 in it and seems to run good of course it only has 425 hrs on it when i bought it. it now has 427

eric j 

Never had a problem with the trans on the 518. The 520 either, for that matter. The 518 doesn't get used as much any more. It only has 825 hrs. or so on it. Its funny, when I got the 520 in 2006, they both had about the same hours on em, 725 or so, the 518 had a hair more. Now the 520 has 1047 hrs. LOL   The 520 is just a much nicer tractor to drive. Maybe its cause I'm gettin older. :)

Gregg,

Tankman

eric j 

Never believed in the "automatics."

Guess I'm just a dummy. My '73 12hp "No Name" Automatic is still runnin' strong (good as new). Every time I take this Horse out to wo....wo.....work, I am amazed! Todays buyers would never be so lucky, impossible.

This poor "No Name" is equipped, even with an electric PTO.

Hey, it's a "real" Wheel Horse! :ychain:

• Like 1

leeave96

Impressive video!

None of my business - but Wheelhorse videos are hard to find on youtube plowing a garden.  I can find plenty of cub cadets, but Wheelhorse ones are somewhat scarce.  Would you consider adding to the title of your youtube video the words Wheelhorse and moldboard and plowing.  This would help folks doing a youtube search hone-in on your excellent video.

Good luck & thanks!

Bill

Digger 66

That's impressive .

One helluva " garden " you got there !

OhioGregg

Impressive video!

None of my business - but Wheelhorse videos are hard to find on youtube plowing a garden.  I can find plenty of cub cadets, but Wheelhorse ones are somewhat scarce.  Would you consider adding to the title of your youtube video the words Wheelhorse and moldboard and plowing.  This would help folks doing a youtube search hone-in on your excellent video.

Good luck & thanks!

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I tried to make some changes in the title etc. on YouTube. Will see if that helps. :)

Gregg,

Wheel-N-It

Gregg, thats a very good video. I enjoyed watching it, and will watch it again. I've never owned a 518, but my limited experience with them has been excellant.

WVMountainMan

Now that brings back some memories...lots of time in front of one those plows. Thanks for posting it Gregg...I enjoyed watching it

stevebo

All that with turfs too!

• Like 1

Bluffhunter

That is impressive !!!  Didn't look like it was even breaking a sweat !!!    Thanks for sharing !

clemedc

Nice video thanks for sharing.