Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Smith

Ardingly 2nd WH Round Up

Charlie Smith

So... Who's ready and excited,.im all officially ready now, had problems with my little trailer but sorted that out now got another little one to take the raider 10 to ardingly,

Leaving Friday lunchtime ish ill be arriving around 1-2pm

So..... who's actually going then? Anyone know numbers?

-Charlie

meadowfield

just loaded mine onto the trailer for the 550mile round trip...

will be there mid friday afternoon

Charlie Smith

Wow 550mile round trip, ti bet thats a killer, but respect to you. Because if it wasnt for people like you willing to travel the long distances there wouldnt be these sort of shows, so say... How many tractors are you bringing along?

meadowfield

it was a killer last year - we left skipton at 3am to get there for 9am. At 6pm we drove back....

not doing that again  :sleeping-blue:

only 2 this year, C-101 and C-105. My dad is leaving yorkshire tomorrow and bringing them. I'm at work in brentwood all week then across friday night to meet up.

Rumour has it that a few of you are coming north next year for the wheel horse round up :ychain:

...there has actually been a few noises, not sure how serious you guys might be

Charlie Smith

More than me then, ive only got my little raider 10 and about coming up north, i'd be up for that, :D

meadowfield

one of them is my dads!

neil

I shall be leaving home around mid morning on Fri  and driving from Somerset, probabley take around  3 hours .

Im bringing 3 tractors  & maybe 1 of a different brand , more but not sure yet.

went out and bought a new camp beds & tent ,

i think we are looking at around 25/30 wheelhorse tractors , maybe not as many as the US guys but we are growing each year and  hopefully we can make the trip next year to Marks Northern roundup .

wheeledhorseman

Hope to get there mid afternoon Friday - trying to avoid the crawl round the M25 which was a nightmare last year. Have rented a van for the weekend, picking up Friday morning. Will be bringing the C120 Auto and the A 800 Ranger this year and a couple of attachments.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Let's hope the weather stays good.

Andy

PS Mark - Haven't tried to see if the A 800 will go in the back of the Cherokee yet - might have to take the front wheels off to manage it height wise but the plan is to get it to Yorkshire next year for your show - tractor in the back and caravan behind.

meadowfield

Hope to get there mid afternoon Friday - trying to avoid the crawl round the M25 which was a nightmare last year. Have rented a van for the weekend, picking up Friday morning. Will be bringing the C120 Auto and the A 800 Ranger this year and a couple of attachments.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Let's hope the weather stays good.

Andy

PS Mark - Haven't tried to see if the A 800 will go in the back of the Cherokee yet - might have to take the front wheels off to manage it height wise but the plan is to get it to Yorkshire next year for your show - tractor in the back and caravan behind.

I'll be coming the other way around the M25, so fingers crossed both ways!

re: A800 - stigian managed to get a raider 10 in a mondeo last week so you should have no trouble :D

pmackellow

Loading up and transporting to the site starts Wednesday evening for us, then car and trailer plus campervan in to the show on Thursday morning

Not sure on final numbers of horses, sadly John won't be coming from Yorkshire with his, I think Chris Sutton is bringing three and we are bringing three plus a load of other machines, gazebos, barbeque for Saturday evening etc.

See you all there, safe journey to all

Paul and Wendy

Stigian

re: A800 - stigian managed to get a raider 10 in a mondeo last week so you should have no trouble :D

Yeah, but I did have to dismantle it a lot first to fit it in :D

Almost ready for Ardingly, just a few bolt heads to paint and work out why the beast's engine won't tick over!

Loading the trailer Friday evening, leaving for the showground very early Saturday morning, should be there about 9-ish..

Edited by Stigian

meadowfield

This years redsquare stickers arrived today :)

a0ec89fefb8ad96db9a55f56c1f5883d_zpsd4dd

• Like 1

Charlie Smith

Will there be any of these available to buy at the round up...?

Many thanks

Charlie

meadowfield

Of course! For a small fee, only looking to cover cost - still got some from last year too...

Charlie Smith

Ah can't wait defiantly got to get my hands on some of them stickers!

Stigian

A trailer is now parked outside ready for loading tomorrow.. It is being guarded by this strange thing..    I bet the neighbors are getting worried that I've added it to my collection   :laughing-rofl::D

20130710_172342_zps71e2429d.jpg

Charlie Smith

Ian.... What is that on the trailer?

Stigian

:D

• Like 1

Charlie Smith

Ahh that looks a whole loads of fun!

neil

In Just a few hours Charlie you are going to see what that machine is , its a strange looking thing is all i can say ,but really cool

Charlie Smith

Strange looking but also fun looking ;)