Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

K321 won't stay running.

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Alright guys. Need input here. K321 following carb rebuild, complete and thorough cleaning, needle valve cleaned out with air, fresh gas in the tank, fuel line and new filter, gas cap properly vented carb float properly adjusted. Alright, I just wanted to throw that out there so I can avoid having to answer all the basic questions. Now what happens is, I start up the mower just fine in the garage. Mow for about 10 or 15 minutes, starts sputtering, corrects for about another 10 minutes at half choke, then sputters more, then it will run another 10 minutes at full choke then just die. My conclusion is that it may be the fuel pump, when I pull the line off the carb and crank the engine, yes I do get fuel coming out the line, however it doesn't  come as quickly as it does on my 310-8 or charger 12. Make sense to anyone? 

953 nut

Sounds like the pump to me too.                  :USA: 

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Will a K241 pump fit on the K321? I can check it out that way. 

squonk

Maybe or put an electric pump on and be done with it. No more starvation problems and instant fuel system priming.

953 nut

Yes the fuel pumps on "K" and Magnum 8 hp to 14 hp are all a bolt up interchange, I prefer the old pre 1966 pumps that have the primer lever, have them on all my :wh:  including the GT-14 and 312-8.

:USA: 

MarkPalmer

Yes the fuel pumps on "K" and Magnum 8 hp to 14 hp are all a bolt up interchange, I prefer the old pre 1966 pumps that have the primer lever, have them on all my :wh:  including the GT-14 and 312-8.

:USA: 

Scratch the 8 HP pump from the list, it is different.  The 10-12-14-16 HP "big block" mechanical pumps are the same. 

-Mark-

stevasaurus

I had that problem on a C 121...turned out a white spider got caught in the pet cock under the gas tank.  It was causing the gas to flow slowly.  What you have happening is the gas in the line, fuel pump and carb bowl are full after sitting for some time.  When you start it, it runs OK until you use that gas and then the gas flow can't keep up.  Check out the bottom of the tank and the pet cock.  Hope that helps. :)

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Replaced the petcock and the rubber bushing that goes around it too. However.....I'm gonna check it just in case something is blocking the hole. 

• Like 1

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Well.......after replacing the fuel pump..........the carburetor got torn down again.......one piece of dirt. One.....lousy......piece.....of........well you all get the picture. Next time I'll be a lot more thorough. 

• Like 1

KATO

:woohoo::handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wheelhorsedairyfarmer

Was almost like a very tiny piece of wood or something. I mean tiny tiny. I used a little pin to get it out with. 

• Like 1