Sign in to follow this  
robert pelton

how to raise tow bar on c141 model from 8 in to 12 in off ground

robert pelton

does any one know how to modify the tow bar on a model c141 wheelhorse tractor, mine is 8 inches off ground and i want to modify it to have the ball 12 in off ground or as high as top of rear axel. do they sell  a kit to modify this, im having trble finding right place to post , feel free to contact me on e mail with info. any info appreciated.

bob

rpelton51140@att.net

im not sure if you answer in post if i can find it.

Sparky

One of our members builds and sells a 2" reciever hitch for our tractors and it raises the hitch height.

Click the link for more info...

Mike....

PS... :WRS:

KC9KAS

:WRS:

BPjunk

Keep in mind that if you pull some thing from over the center line of the axle you greatly raise the chance of pulling the front wheels off the ground. If your trying to pull a camper or large boat around add to the hitches height but not where the hitch connects to the transmission .... keep the pulling point below the center line of the axle. 

Wild Bill

Richmond, VA

SPINJIM

There is also someone who sells an adapter on evilbay and at some tractor shows (Old Tyme Days, Dover, PA).    It bolts right on and costs about $50.   It extends the hitch farther out so that it clears the rear fender, and raises it to about 14 inches.   I put one on my C-85, and use it to pull my 6' x 9' trailer around my property with no problem.   I'd like to use it to move my boat around too, but I don't think it's heavy duty enough for that.   I don't see one on ebay right now, but the seller is Leonard Cooke,  4 Comanche Trail, West Greenwich, RI  02817.   Don't have a phone # for him, but write to him to get more info and pictures.

I just checked under ebay's "Completed Listings", and there is one shown with pictures.  Take a look.  It probably won't carry as much weight as the one mentioned above by Sparky, but it's cheaper.    Depends on what you want to pull.

I also picked up a custom made hitch at the 'big show' that does the same job.  It's heavier duty, and should pull my boat, but it won't fit on the C-161 with the gas tank under the rear fender.  I'm going to put it on a C-120.   I'll try to send pictures if I can figure out how to download them here.

Jim