Sign in to follow this  
WH-AG

701 Restoration Progress

WH-AG

Here are some pictures from a few months ago... I mixed up some of my paint (ppg) to test how it worked with my primer and it worked well. Some spots have filled bubbles but looks very nice! I will post more pictures soon... 

post-9981-0-32612800-1372717502_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-17453600-1372717601_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-56896100-1372717660_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks like you're making it happen...keep us updated on progress.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

rexman72

cant wait to see updated pics

Sparky

Looks like you have the hard to find engine to starter belt guard. Good luck with the restore.

Nice to see someone working with safety glasses on :eusa-clap:  , I cant believe we dont have more eye injury stories on this forum.

Nike......

KC9KAS

:WRS: , and thank you for the photos!

rmaynard

Good job Austyn. Keep us posted on the progress. Hope that PPG paint works well. Remember to use a good respirator.

Jake Kuhn

Looks like a great start!

WH-AG

Good job Austyn. Keep us posted on the progress. Hope that PPG paint works well. Remember to use a good respirator.

I painted about 7 peices, some turned out very well, and in one or two pieces it bubbled up. I just opened up a new respirator and works alot better.

Looks like you're making it happen...keep us updated on progress.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

I will take some pictures of what i painted tommorow and post them.

• Like 1

speedyleedy

Looks like your getting in to it ! keep up the good work :thumbs2:

rmaynard

The last time I saw this 701, it had been sandblasted, but was sitting in a pile waiting to be primed. I know that Austyn had hoped to get it together in time for the big show, but as we all know, these things take a lot of time and patience. So, having said that, I am glad you are taking your time to do it right.

As a side note, Austyn is 14 years old, and the previous owner of my recently acquired Lawn Ranger. I am really glad to see young members like him, Jake Kuhn, and others carrying on the hobby. :thumbs:

• Like 5

WH-AG

I could not get the pictures to upload because they were too big, and i didnt know how to downsize them. So instead i uploaded alot of pictures to photobucket...

On most of the pieces in the picture i still have wet sand, put on another coat, and last put on a coat of clear.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/Austyn_Green/library/#/user/Austyn_Green/library/701?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137282797920501600917012368197

953 nut

I could not get the pictures to upload because they were too big, and i didnt know how to downsize them. So instead i uploaded alot of pictures to photobucket...

On most of the pieces in the picture i still have wet sand, put on another coat, and last put on a coat of clear.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/Austyn_Green/library/#/user/Austyn_Green/library/701?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137282797920501600917012368197

If you open the photos in paintbrush and go to Image on the tool bar, then stretch/scew and go to 50 percent in both directions that may do the trick.

WH-AG

My engine turned out very nice! Here are a few images of what i accomplished the past couple of days...

The ti-fold is for when i enter my tractor in my local fair. (Carroll County)

post-9981-0-77087000-1373760214_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-80712200-1373760221_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-74604500-1373760386_thumb.jp

rmaynard

Looking good Austyn.  :thumbs:

Wheel-N-It

That 701 is going to be an awesome piece when finished Austyn !   I really like the tri-fold too. Please post some pics of your display in the Carroll County Fair.

546cowboy

Here is an easy to use free resizing tool http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resizer/

I have been using the free version for a couple years so I know it works fine.

Now none of you have an excuse for not being able to upload pictures.

WH-AG

That 701 is going to be an awesome piece when finished Austyn !   I really like the tri-fold too. Please post some pics of your display in the Carroll County Fair.

Will do! I think the same not many people at my fair can say that all of my painting was 100% me (no one was even down there supervising me). I expect the worst every time with this paint and it turns out great!

Looking good Austyn.  :thumbs:

Thank you,

If anyone would like to visit my fair that would be great. It is from July 27 - August 2. My tractor will be displayed inside with some others. They have events each night that are really fun to watch! Here is the schuedal.

http://carrollcountyfair.com/documents/Fair-ScheduleID218.pdf

Wheel-N-It

Thank you Austyn. I will be on the lookout for some more pics! Best of luck to you at the Fair!

rmaynard

If anyone would like to visit my fair that would be great. It is from July 27 - August 2. My tractor will be displayed inside with some others. They have events each night that are really fun to watch! Here is the schuedal.

http://carrollcountyfair.com/documents/Fair-ScheduleID218.pdf

I try to make the fair every summer. I will be sure to look for you and the 701.

WH-AG

Few pics from yesterdays work...

Im having the same problem as many others with getting the pieces back together without scraping any paint, but i am going to spray it over the chipped stuff. I placed some fenders on my engine just to see how it would look and i am amazed of how well it turned out!

post-9981-0-18880600-1373888579_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-44722900-1373888634_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-74100000-1373888817_thumb.jp

Jake Kuhn

Looking good! Are those new tires or did you paint them or just clean them up?

Edited by Jake Kuhn

WH-AG

Looking good! Are those new tires or did you paint them or just clean them up?

Painted.

• Like 1

WH-AG

Another day of painting, and bodywork!

post-9981-0-22223900-1374024077_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-09150800-1374024088_thumb.jp

post-9981-0-50150300-1374024416_thumb.jp

dclarke

Lookin good, Austyn!  :thumbs:

horsesaver98

Nice horse you are doing a good job with that there horse