Sign in to follow this  
Niederwimmer

Barn Find (Update Update) "The Horses Are Home"

RMCIII

If you read my original post "Barn Find" that will kind of give you the background on these. I'm new to the hobby but I'm gradually turning myself into a collector haha. I plan on keeping a few of them for myself and my son. The rest will probably need to find a good home among other Horses.

Just my 2 cents. Not worth much. But it would seem like you have the opportunity to start a great little trading/collecting/swapping/hobby. That's not a barn find, that's a Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow someone has left you. Again, just my 2 cents, but there is enough parts, pieces, tractors, motors, ect. to get you started on a great side business that has the benefits of life time returns. You can't buy friends like we have here.....Oh-well, have fun whatever you decide.

Niederwimmer

I completely agree. I don't want to just sell off all these parts and I don't want to turn this into a profit venture either. I am still astounded every time I look at my back porch covered in RED. I plan on making a couple of these projects, and as for the others, we will just have to wait and see. As for the friends we make on here...I couldn't agree more. I have friends I hang out with weekly that aren't as genuine and nice as you all and you all only know me by my ridiculous user name (last name). I'm going to enjoy this venture, and I hope to have you guys along with me for the ride.

Oh, and would you take some more pictures of that generator on the 854?  That looks like it might be a Chimera.

Is there any identifying marks or numbers that are supposed to be on the generator, because there is definitely not anything that says Chimera on it.

AMC RULES

Ridiculous user name? Sounds like a Chevy Chase character. 

I like it, definitely different, and it makes me smile.   :) 

posifour11

I agree about the friends statement. I've been here less than a year and from the first post, I've felt welcome here.

Killer 2000 Chevy

What is the model number on the Charger 12? I'm just curious if some of the body parts might have been interchanged. The engine model number seems to be the only difference I can see on these models, but they were both 12 hp Kohlers. They have the same Sunstrand rear ends.

Niederwimmer

1-7231

Killer 2000 Chevy

I would almost bet, the original motor blew up and with all the parts around happened to have an engine from an electro 12.

Niederwimmer

Good idea. It's about the same motor I think isn't it? One letter off...

CasualObserver

The Electro and the Charger should be essentially the same, only the Electro came standard with a hydraulic lift and electric PTO clutch.  The engine was probably spec'd just a hair different to accomodate them.

And sorry, no.  I don't know anything about the Chimera aside from only seeing pictures of one that someone has and the drawing in a brochure.  Yours just looked very similar, but heck, all it is is a belt driven generator, they all sort of look alike!

Niederwimmer

I can't tell if it's some original part or if it's something he rigged up to work on there. Who knows? lol

seth0804

WOW that is awesome!!

posifour11

Met Ryan in Springfield today. Heck of a nice guy. We made a good trade and BS'd a while about wheel horse. Had a good time.

Niederwimmer

Had a good time man. I appreciate the drive up and look forward to seeing you in September for the Warsaw Meet Up

glgrumpy

I could  use a snow blade turning arm for a D-series blade  and lock links with it, if anything in that pile. Not exactly sure what I need, but think is just slightly bent arm and little heavier rod for the lock link then what smaller horses have.