Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

E-Bay tractor

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Here are a few pictures of the 606 I pick up today. It looks like it is all original in 47 year shape. this will be a summer project. I need a 607 may turn this into one but ???? this real easy to work on 1 wire from the key. No safety switches on this unit. Ohh Check out the original Belt??? and did this tractor come with a HH60 engine. I always thought these where H60`s  I hope u enjoy the pictures.   Gary      B....ooohhh Mike this is another Ct. Tractor....            606001_zps1a16b3c9.jpg     th_606004_zps3c8e3589.jpg    th_606006_zpsbf99fa2a.jpg    606016_zps93a00073.jpg 606015_zps87e627c5.jpg   

stevasaurus

Nice short frame...my paper work says it came with a H60-75118D...so maybe not original engine. :)

Retired Wrencher

Nice short frame...my paper work says it came with a H60-75118D...so maybe not original engine. :)

Thanks That is what I thought Steve  They must have put in a short block in and put all the original shrouding on Buy the way how is the old Galaxy running these days. still a nice car.don`t let Gas Monkeys find this one out?? Gary    B....

• Like 1

Sparky

Hmmmm.......do I need to dial 911 you over-the-state-line-tractor-rustler!

Personally I would never rustle a   :liar: tractor from another state.... :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike........

• Like 1

stevasaurus

The Ford Custom is running great (Galaxy body)...my son just took it for a long weekend to South Carolina from Illinois...no problems. :)

Sparky...if anyone believes that...stand on your head.  Hey, everything is upside down. :ychain:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hmmmm.......do I need to dial 911 you over-the-state-line-tractor-rustler!

Personally I would never rustle a   :liar: tractor from another state.... :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike........

I believe, when  :wh: 's are leaving the state of Connecticut...

is legally the only way you can do it      :teasing-poke: 

Edited by MAYHEM '13

squonk

Every one with Tecky's need to start notching their frames every time they replace the Tek with another!! :ychain: :ychain: :) :) :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I am looking at information that says.....606 1966 4 speed, Tecumseh HH60-105014A....Just what his ID plate says.....So what is right??

Retired Wrencher

I am looking at information that says.....606 1966 4 speed, Tecumseh HH60-105014A....Just what his ID plate says.....So what is right??

Well Guys what ever the engine is we now for sure it is a W/Horse with the id tag that says T606 on  still not sure what to do with it but time will tell. Very possible just shine it and enjoy it or trade it for a 607.

Jake Kuhn

Nice looking tractor! My 657 has a tag that says hh60. But I am pretty sure it has a aluminum block? Not really sure.

Jake

stevasaurus

KC is right...that is the right tag and the right engine.  It looks like I was looking at the 605...dang small print...sorry, my mistake. :bow-blue:

squonk

The bandanna got in your eye!

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh:  Hey thanks guys It is nice to know that it is the write engine in the right tractor. NOTHING LIKE ORIGINAL . But not sure of the 657. Here are some pic`s of that I think they swap out this engine look close at the decals. Click on them to make larger.            657comeshome008_zps9a8c9482.jpg    th_657gettingthere015_zpsc5978dcf.jpg this is the Engine  id plate     th_606016_zps93a00073.jpg

squonk

I thought XL meant Extra Load! :ychain: :ychain: :)

stevasaurus

Looks like the only difference is the last letter of the spec number...shows a "B" and yours is "C".  I have some old books that have the early Tecumseh-Lauson engine information in them, but I have never seen where you could break down the spec numbers.  The "B" or "C" could mean a lot or not much of anything.  It may be possible that engine did come with that tractor.  I had a HT55C-3088P in my 502 and did a lot of research on that engine...not much out there, but is probably the same block as yours..Seems like you have some Teckys, have you ever found out anything with the numbers? :)

BTW, when I click on one of your pictures, it takes me to your photobucket folder for these pics.  Absolutely awesome pictures of your horses in that folder. :)  WOW

Retired Wrencher

Looks like the only difference is the last letter of the spec number...shows a "B" and yours is "C".  I have some old books that have the early Tecumseh-Lauson engine information in them, but I have never seen where you could break down the spec numbers.  The "B" or "C" could mean a lot or not much of anything.  It may be possible that engine did come with that tractor.  I had a HT55C-3088P in my 502 and did a lot of research on that engine...not much out there, but is probably the same block as yours..Seems like you have some Teckys, have you ever found out anything with the numbers? :)

BTW, when I click on one of your pictures, it takes me to your photo bucket folder for these pics.  Absolutely awesome pictures of your horses in that folder. :)  WOW

Thanks Steve I am not that good with the computers so this is the only way I know how to do it. I am bit old fashion and do not like changes. So thanks for the info. I guess I will just enjoy what I have. Gary     B.................