Sign in to follow this  
catcher77

Restoring 704 Wheel Horse with 7HP Kohler K161T

catcher77

I have just begun restoring a 704 Wheel Horse tractor (first one) and there was no engine. I found a K161T Kohler 7HP engine off of a Troy Bilt Horse Rototiller but it has a 3/4" shaft. My question is will this engine still work with 3/4" shaft? Thanks

WH nut

I would have to measure mine but I thin it will, needs to be at least 2.5 long  I think

Kelly

You will have to sleeve the shaft, it needs to be 1" but other than that it should work.

Fordiesel69

Needs to be 1" however a local machine shop can turn a sleeve. 

MarkPalmer

Those sleeves with the stepper key work good, and the crank is more than strong enough. You might need an air die grinder to help with the fitting though, they aren't a perfect fit ;)

-Mark-

546cowboy

Where do you get those sleeves and especially that stepper key? I have been making my own and those keys are hard to make with what I have to work with. The sleeve is easy.

953 nut

Any good industrial supply store like Granger or even a GOOD Ace Hardware or NAPA should be able to hook you up with the shaft sleve and steped key, don't be afrade to ask them for help, that's what builds repeat business, and we love repeat business!