Sign in to follow this  
Dave85zxt

Wider deck for a 1966 856?

Dave85zxt

I just finished a ground up rebuild on my 1966 856. I would like to get wider deck for it though. I find it hard to cut close to the many trees and fences that I have. I currently have a 32" deck. Are there any wider decks available for this year/model? I replaced the origional 8hp kohler with a 13.5hp Robin engine so I am pretty sure that I have enough reserve power. B)

Thanks,

Dave

Rollerman

Dave there are 36" & 42" decks out there.

A good 36" deck shouldn't be to hard to find.

Here's a link to a picture of one.....

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1363

The RM 425 deck is another option.

They are a 42" side discharge...but finding one of these in useable condition could be harder.

They had a very long belt that became problematic with wear.

Here's a pic of one....

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1144

You may want to give a location & post a want add in the classified section here.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showforum=36

Also Dave welcome to Red Square. B)

Dave85zxt

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll start looking for the 42". I am not afraid of rebuilding one either. I would end up painting it to match the tractor anyways.

BTW I am located in West Bend, WI.

Duff

Just wanted to chime in - :whistle: !

Duff B)

nylyon

Hi Dave and welcome to RedSquare By your user name sounds like you're a fellow 300ZX owner. I still have my first new car, 1987 300ZX Turbo with all the options. There's a picture floating around here somewhere.

B)

Dave85zxt

Hi Nylyon,

You guessed right on that. I have an 85 turbo that I have owned since 1999. It just turned 190k and its still running strong. My goal is to turn 200k and then rebuild it. I'll probably strip it down to the frame and sand blast. I just got a little practice on the tractor B)

Don't tell me you have the 87 with the T3 turbo and the LSD? If so, I am very jealous. The only thing that I don't care for is all the electronics on my car. I wish it was the GL and not the GLL. It hasn't given me any huge problems yet but I just don't trust it on a 20+ yr old car.

-Dave

nylyon

T3 and LSD which is interesting because it was made in March of 87 so it shouldn't have the limited slip, but it has the fins on the cover, drifts very nicely and you can't turn one tire with the other on the ground! It's red with black leather interior, electronics package, leather and digital dash and 5-speed. It has about 80K miles on it and is in incredible condition. 100% original and for the most part still looks new. The car has been trouble free since I drove it off the show room floor. One picture is here.

Dave85zxt

Ok I posted a wanted add in the classified section and started searching online. Can anyone give me a few hints on where to look? Ebay and craigslist are coming up dry.

Thanks.

pond195520032003

Hi Dave, and if i havent already said so :omg: i have an extra RM 425, that needs both wheels! will look at it tomorrow and see what condition it is in :banghead: it would either have to be picked up or possibly when one of the members are heading west could be taken that way :USA: send me a p.m. and we will talk $$ or email me at gmorgan@dragonbbs.com

Dave85zxt

You have an Email.

pond195520032003

sent reply :banghead: