COCOPOT

New member in Spain - wheel horse 702

svcabre

Hi GlenPettit,

This is the original dash panel of my 702 wheel horse tractor. The colour is what you can see.

Now I'm in restoration process and I cleaned it all with water. I will paint it in a few days. When I finish it I will post some photos.

post-11483-0-76091400-1383090059.jpg

post-11483-0-85486000-1383090060.jpg

post-11483-0-31924700-1383090061.jpg

post-11483-0-15253100-1383090062.jpg

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hi Sergi, Good progress and work on your 702. Look forward to seeing more pictures.   

svcabre

Hi,

I need some help because my 702 need the 2 screws that hold the round hood. I need to buy this screws. But today here in Spain I don't know where to buy them.

Someone here can say me where can buy a pair of those?

I know a guy who knows how to work the metal and steel and I asked if I could make two copies, but need to know the size of these screws are in inches.

Looking for here in the forum I saw that someone said they are this size: All three are part wh # 1271 1/4 - 20x 3/8 bolt stove. These are standard hardware items. The originals were straight slot pan head screw type heads. The thumb screws which were used as the 701/552/702/753/etc Such models. That had the fuel tanks at the rear of the hood.

If you know someone or somewhere to find some of them I will appreciate that.

Thank you for your time and dedication.
Edited by svcabre

Anglo Traction

Hi Sergi,

May be worth starting a new Topic in the 'Euro Horse Forum' to cover the work on your 702.

However, the help you need on the Hood bolts is confusing me. I am not familiar with your model, but  I am happy to try and help you if nobody else can.

Do you require the Hood Thumb Screws ?. On my 702 parts list, the numbers are different to #1271 ....see below- 

post-3520-0-20316800-1384890922_thumb.jp

I do not know if they are still available.

If you cannot find them , or have them made in Spain. then maybe I can make them for you and send them out.

I would need a good close picture so that I can make them identical to the original ones......if someone could help with that.

Regards.

neil

Hi Richard,

The thumb screws that hold the hood are a simple thing to make  they have a knurled top  , i will see if i can get a copy of the ones that i have .

There was a chap that made these & advertised them on Ebay in US

neil

the person that sells the thumb screws here on Redsquare is   Gene -S  .

If you type  Round hood thumb screws in the search bar at the top right of the page it will take you to the thread ,

neil

post-2119-0-33387000-1384894061.jpg

This is what you are looking for

• Like 1

svcabre

After those days I have asked for help, I have good news.

I said I knew a guy who could make an exact copy. He has done an amazing job. The thumb screws has been made ​​of stainless steel that will not rust. I put a picture of how they have been after all. Finally I don't need to buy them with this awesome work.

post-11483-0-65001700-1385330825.jpg

Thank you so much for your fast responses. I'm very happy for that. 

I think I can finally finish the restoration in a few weeks. It is a reminder and a tribute to my great-grandfather.

• Like 2

neil

Do you have photos of your restoration Sergi ?

svcabre

Yes I have some photos, but I will open a new post when I finish all the process.

Don't worry I will post them.

svcabre

Finally I have decided to post all the restoration process from August 2013 until now: