COCOPOT

New member in Spain - wheel horse 702

COCOPOT

Hi everyone!

Mi name is Fito from Valencia, Spain. Last week I found this old wheel horse 702 in a town close to me and I couldn´t keep me away from buying it. After 20 year without use, I plugged a new battery, revised oil level, filled the gas tank and it started in two minutes!

It is in very good conditions with all the original parts and no modifications, all users manuals very well conserved. Originally bought in 1966 here in Spain. I am in love with it, also with the girl driving it!

Nice to find other proud owners in Europe!

post-10888-0-08175900-1372060928_thumb.j

post-10888-0-10549000-1372061090_thumb.j

• Like 6

farmer

:text-welcomeconfetti:Cocopot,

love your username, made me :)  looks like you struck :wh:  gold

Have fun on. :rs:

• Like 2

Trouty56

Sharp looking tractor....and sharp looking girl too.  Welcome to the forum.  Super beautiful!!!!  Yeah that Cocopot user name must have a cool story.... :)

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

:WRS:  702 look's in superb original condition well done, great find..... like the Lights  :thumbs:  We have at least one other member in Spain...Enjoy

• Like 1

wheeledhorseman

Hi Fito, welcome to RS, good to see that you both seem to love that horse. You've found a couple of gems there!

Andy

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

:text-welcomewave:

• Like 1

COCOPOT

Thank you all for your kind welcome messages!

I have to say sorry for my english...

This afternoon I will try to find some parts to start basic tuning:

- Air filter

- New oil

- Sparking plug

- V Belts

- gas pipe replacement

- electric wiring

- I´ve noticed that gas tank has a little leak that must be repaired

- The exhaust pipe is broken (see picture) this will be hard to find here in Spain...

- There is no V belt in hydraulic unit, must find one (does anyone know de dimensions or reference of this V belt?

- Now it´s only running with closed choke, every time I slowly try to open it, the motor stops. Also with closed choke, the motor stops in about one minute. Carburetor adjustment is necessary (is there any tutorial out there on how to do it?)

I will keep uploading photos with advances, it´s really nice to find this forum!

Fito,

post-10888-0-53755800-1372070582_thumb.j

nylyon

Fito, welcome to RedSquare.  It's great to have members from all over the world.  I was going to ask you to update the member map, but you beat me to it, thank you.

:WRS:

And your English is impressive.

C-101plowerpower

welcome to redsquare and great find on that horse, have fun with it. you'll have to look after that right front tire though.

and about that v-belt for the hydro unit, i believe its in here somewhere:

Anglo Traction

Hi again Fito, I have obtained Parts and Service Manuals etc for you. I you send me a PM with your E-mail, I will forward them on to you. They are PDF Files.

EDIT.......Probably easier for you to download them from the Manuals section here, but I have one for your engine. 

Regards

Edited by Anglo Traction

meadowfield

Hey,

Great find, it looks fantastic.

Welcome to the group,have fun!

Mark

wh1257

welcome to redsqaure

groundhog47

:)  :woohoo: Fito, El tractor es muy bonito, what an astounding find.  :WRS:, good folks, help and information available. 

Very interesting/neat location for lights and hydraulics too, man what a find!!!!!

Stormin

'Ow do! And welcome. Nice tractor.   :thumbs:

neil

Welcome to Redsquare Fito

what a wonderful tractor you have found & in amazing condition . dont see many of these in Europe, 

Do you know if there are many wheelhorse tractors in Spain ? 

yes she is certainly very beautiful

And the tractor is very  beautiful too

you are a lucky man

look after both :thumbs:

pmackellow

Welcome to Redsquare, nice tractor you have there :)

Stigian

Welcome to RedSquare Fito, good to have you aboard..

That's a fine lookin 702 you have there  :handgestures-thumbup:

Sparky

Welcome!!

I like the look of those headlights! Whats written on the front axle?

Mike...........

COCOPOT

Hi,

Thank you for your welcome messages!

I was very busy last weeks and I didn´t have time to answer before, I am sorry.

Returning to the 702, I´ve been doing some work:

The good things:

New air filter

New V belts

New motor oil

New batteries

Tires repaired

New sparking plug

New gas pipe

Gas tank leak repaired

Hydraulic unit leak repaired, new belt and working!

The bad news:

As the problem with carburetor persist, I brought it to a mechanic to clean it. He told me that I need a new one because there is "looseness" inside. =( so it seems that it´s necessary to change the carburetor, and I don´t know how to find one here in Spain. Do you know where to find parts that be able to send it to Spain? I will appreciate any help here =)

The problem:
Motor is only running with closed choke, every time I slowly try to open it, the motor stops. Also with closed choke, the motor stops in about one minute. It´s like there is no suction force to aspire the gas. Do you think that carburetor replacement is the solution?

thank you!

Welcome!!

Mike...........

Hi Sparky, it´s the plate number (V4700) "V" from Valencia, Spain.

^___^

meadowfield

sounds like lack of fuel - not sure which engine you have, it could be the fuel pump (if it has one) or the jets are blocked in the main needle. There are a few tiny pin holes that can be clogged, they must be clean straight through.

mark

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

is the carb getting enough fuel? anyway did you take it apart yourself, or just the mechanic that said scrap it?

• Like 1

COCOPOT

what a wonderful tractor you have found & in amazing condition . dont see many of these in Europe, 

you are a lucky man

Hi Neil,

I only know about 3 tractors in Spain thanks to the user maps. It seems that it´s had to find here in Spain.

I recently discovered that now I will look after three, there is a babe coming! We didn´t knew it when I took the picture, but she was pregnant at this moment ^___^

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

you are a lucky man

Hi Neil,

I only know about 3 tractors in Spain thanks to the user maps. It seems that it´s had to find here in Spain.

I recently discovered that now I will look after three, there is a babe coming! We didn´t knew it when I took the picture, but she was pregnant at this moment ^___^

congrats on the little one fito

• Like 1

COCOPOT

Welcome!!

Mike...........

Hi Sparky, it´s the plate number (V4700) "V" from Valencia, Spain.

^___^