Sign in to follow this  
brybrychrismer

D-180 motor to pump problems

brybrychrismer

the coupler between engine and the hydro pump on my d-180 is striped out is there  any way of fixing this without replacing the pump?

thanks

Bryan

brybrychrismer

ok i got it apart. So now the question is how hard are the rubber spacer plate and spline adapter to find?

JamesBe1

You can find them on ebay from time to time.  Some are used and some are new.  There is not much you can do to repair them.

jdog_kustoms

i have one that was put on for maybe a couple hours pm me if interested its the rubber and the metal splined part

pfrederi

What do the splines on the pump input shaft look like.  Many times if the coupler has gone south it has damaged the pump shaft splines.

Wmanning416

I had a machine shop mill the splined end of the shaft into a 5/8 hex head. Then had the coupler milled out to accept a 5/8 socket. Welded the socket to the coupler. Perfect fit. Works like new and only cost me $50. Got the idea from a web page about fixing old ford select o shaft transmissions. I will look for the page and post the address later. Plenty of pictures on how it's done.

gwest_ca

Couple of service bulletins on the subject. Read both because I think the 2nd and later one reverses part of the procedure

Garry

Wmanning416

Here is the link I spoke about in my earlier post.  This will help so many D series owners save some cash not to mention saving scarce sundstrand pumps.  You will have to split the pump and remove the shaft to get it machined.  This page is all about fixing worn shaft splines in a selecto-speed transmission but the process transfers over to a D series pump/ coupler application as well.  http://www.oldfordtractors.com/sosinput.htm   My pump has worked flawless since this repair was done.

• Like 1