Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

D-250 gets a loader

Rollerman

Looking at some of the PA show pics today I got in the mood to open the garage door & work on Horse's again.

Since moving into the new place my garage is about half the size of my old "shop".

Parts are stashed floor to ceiling in boxes making it more of a choir sometimes to find something rather than a fun thing to do...that is working on tractors.

So I've been out of the Wheel Horse game for awhile while we have been settling into the new place, working on landscaping, a privacy fence & flower beds for the wife.  

Hopefully my wife will keep her promise & I'll have a new shop out back by next year.

So awhile back I picked up a nice Ark 550 FEL for my D-250.

It was missing some misc. pieces & I just needed time & ambition to get everything together then bolted up on the D.

I still need to get a counter weight & wheel weights mounted up, but I managed to get out & move a few buckets of stone from the pile on the drive to our growing rock bed going around the house.

I noticed the loader is a lot easier than a shovel too.

2013-06-22_19-09-55_4_zps4ef7f141.jpg

2013-06-22_19-10-35_714_zpse62c189c.jpg

Plans are to move it to this nice solid D-160 in the future.

The D-250's are solid machine, but parts are not exactly easy to find...so I'd rather put the wear & tear of a loader on the D-160 where parts will be some what easier to find.

2013-06-08_18-26-40_858_zpsd6754ee4.jpg

• Like 5

Lars

wow that looks awesome stephen..  id like it:)

• Like 1

Tankman

wow that looks awesome stephen..  id like it:)

Agreed I'm sure by all! Very, very nice.

Best of luck in the new home! :smile:

Sparky

Wait till yer new neighbors find out that you have a front end loader. You'll be over the neighborhood moving piles of this and that!!
Mike....

Rollerman

Finished spreading river stone around the house today.

Don't mean to "brag", but man a loader on a Horse sure save's on the back pains.

2013-07-14_14-52-14_269_zps9cccbcbc.jpg

• Like 5

Tankman

Finished spreading river stone around the house today.

Don't mean to "brag", but man a loader on a Horse sure save's on the back pains.

Don't apologize for a little bragadocio! The loader is great.

Your neighbors will love ya when y'all have a lot of snow to move. Thanks for the pic and be sure to post pics of you, all bundled up, movin' snow for your "lovin'" neighborhood.  :ychain:

PS. The you and the neighbors can purchase mulch in bulk, ye ha! Excellent!

Edited by Tankman

Wheel-N-It

Yeah thats a very handy thing to have. Best wishes for you and the family with the new house and property.

Cutlas3391

The loader looks great!! I'm still on the hunt for a loader for my Wheel horse d18 and d160