Sign in to follow this  
Robins

Hello from Dorset

Robins

Hello from a new member in Dorset. Ive been tempted to get a garden tractor for a while, and now thanks to a good friend of mine I own a very nice Electro 12 :)

What a useful machine its been already!

I will get some pics up shortly when i remember my Flickr account login :eusa-think:

cheers, Daniel

neil

Welcome aboard  Redsquare Daniel , you will find loadsa information here on your tractor should you need any help . lots of knowledge on here .

I am your next door neighbour from  Bridgwater somerset

wheeledhorseman

Hi Daniel, and welcome to RS from a not too far away neighbor in Hampshire.

We really can't wait for you to remember your flickr pass word, :wwp: now! So here's how you do it a much easier way.

If you have the files on you computer you can upload them directly as part of the post you are making on RS. You need to click on the More Reply Options button which will take you to the advanced editor.

Below the text editor window is the Attach Files  with a Choose Files button. Use that to locate the picture file on your computer then 'open' it. It uploads to the forum and a thumbnail appears when it is complete. You can then attach it in your post. The file size limit is 64 meg so you aren't limited to tiny pics. I use this all the time now and there's the bonus that if, for example , you were to later close your flickr account, the photos will not disappear from your posts on RS because they are being hosted on RS. That's how good the RS forum software is thanks to Karl ('Nylyon') who runs that side of the show for us.

Looking forward to some pics soon.

Andy

Robins

Thanks guys.

Here you go :)

9111420716_979324ab37.jpg

1970 model.

9111414420_8fe78f9682.jpg

Will be a running renovation.

9109183073_6ed1ffb971.jpg

Stopped for lunch.

9109176141_25f3268943.jpg

Put to work shifting logs.

wheeledhorseman

Thanks for posting,

'Running renovation' - seems to be in vgc. Nice seat!

'Stopped for lunch' - what a lovely setting for a photo. Your place?

'Put to work' - nice photo of a WH at work.

Andy

953 nut

:WRS:   Always glad to see another :wh:  finding a new owner who will give it some love.

Keep us posted as you go along and if you have a question you have come to the right place.

:text-goodpost:         :text-coolphotos: 

Anglo Traction

Hi Daniel, :WRS:    :text-coolphotos:  Good to have you here and a great looking Tractor. 1st Electro 12 I've seen in UK. Look's in super condition. If it was mine, I would keep it just as it is, but carefully clean n grease everything. They're only original once. :bow-blue:

neil

The seat looks to be in amazing condition .

I agree with Richard ( Anglo Traction) super condition & very rare here in UK & must be the only one that i know off .

can you tell us if its a south bend tractor or one of the Belgian tractor ?

Anglo Traction

Actually, I can't be sure Daniel, but has it been repainted?. I can't see a Serial Plate by the Fuel Tap and the Off White Border around the Hood(Bonnet) Decals is missing or covered. Is that a 'G D Mountfield' Retail Plate below the Dash?. Do you have the PTO Parts?. Sorry about all the questions.

Regards   

meadowfield

Hey Daniel,

Welcome to the group, looks a fab example! Nice place and pics too....

Mark

Robins

Thanks guys :)  I would say there has been paint already, the foot plates are in case red, the under seat panel is an orange colour, and the white border of the bonnet sticker has been painted over very carefully. as you can see here:

9112366791_fdf03462a8.jpg

I was gradually going to paint everything, but you are right originality is easily lost and cant be returned, so not sure how far to go now :eusa-think:

The seat is good but there is black gaffa tape around the back rest, not sure whats under it!

9114594962_2152a1a3c7.jpg

Unfortunately i do not have the electric PTO, But my good friend Simon (landsurveyor on here) who is behind me becoming the owner :)  is sorting me out with manual PTO bits as i would like to run a cutting deck, a problem area it would seem due to the rare pulley system i have. Behind front axle instead of in front.

You'll like this, I did have a carb fuel bowl leak, so i tried this aluweld stuff, rods of like ali stuff you melt on like solder with a blow lamp, ideal for repairing broken ali parts im told, turns out not delicate ali parts like a fuel bowl! it was going so well, then it collapsed and melted a rather large hole! so my tempry fix was this stuff, aparently fuel resistant.

9112361665_7986c7e3d4.jpg

Which has turned in to a longer term fix, as the replacement fuel bowl i got also had a pin hole in the same place!

cheers, Daniel

Robins

Oh forgot to say, yes that is a GD mountfield plate under the dash. No plate by the fuel tap. And sorry, buts whats a south bend and belgian tractor?

cheers, Daniel

meadowfield

For a while, 68 to 82 ish (I'm tired and guessing) there was a Belgium factory where wheel horses were built. It was known as the Amnor factory. The South Bend factory is in Indiana, the home of wheel horse.

Your deck drive is not rare, but the older style. The decks come up on that site frequently, however the condition can be variable...

Mark

meadowfield

Btw, is the model plate concealed above the gd mount field plate?

Earlier models secreted it there...

Robins

I should have looked at this photo earlier :roll:  Explains all:

9114830936_bb7dc62a6b.jpg

meadowfield

I should have looked at this photo earlier :roll:  Explains all:

9114830936_bb7dc62a6b.jpg

:D

farmer

:WRS: Daniel,

looks like Simon is steering you down the right garden path, :wh: is the way to go.

Nice pictures of a nice tractor, let the hunt for attachments begin. :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

Oh well, at least it is not covered in rust and dents. It's a good looking Hydro Model will be even better with a uniform coat of new paint...(edit....and some new Decals from Mark).

Take great care with that seat (as it is), there are not many over here in that condition. 

You should be able to get a new Float Bowl if yours doesn't hold out. 

If your Model number reads 1-7255, then at least the Factory got another one right. 

Regards

Edited by Anglo Traction

Griff

Welcome to Redsquare Daniel, THE place for Wheel Horse stuff. Looks a nice tractor, if a bit lonely,wait for the madness to set in!

Stigian

Welcome to RedSquare Daniel, it's good to have another UK member aboard..

Liking your Electro 12 :handgestures-thumbup:

Stormin

'Ow do! And welcome. :thumbs: