Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Garden Finally In

6wheeler

I have been on vacation this week so, between rain showers I finally have the garden in  :greetings-clappingyellow: . The ground was wet and tough to work but, its done. One more thing to plant though. Sweet Potatoes. Anyone ever try these before? This is my first go-round with them and I really don't know how to raise them. I started the slips a while ago and they are 8" or more so they are ready to transplant. Do I hill them like regular spuds :scratchead: ? Also trying to finish the new chicken house and run. I pulled a muscle in my back trying to tear the old one down that a tree fell on this spring. I tried to pick up a piece that was way too large ( with my Bobcat sitting right there) and my 52 year old back said " Hey, you are not 20 anymore. So, here's a reminder for ya  :naughty: ". Been a tough week. But, we are getting the job done. Its a good thing my wife is a Massage Therapist, I think I will need her by the weekend. I am gonna have to go back to work next week to recover from my vacation :laughing-rolling: .     Pat

• Like 3

CasualObserver

Yay Pat!!  I gave up about 2 weeks ago and pulled a cultivator through my mudpatch just enough to make some little troughs I could dump some seeds in.  My wife set in the cukes and tomatoes around the outer edges where she could reach without having to walk through and sink in the mud. Beans and carrots were up when I went by on the mower the other night.  The rest was looking questionable at best.  Been dry a few days here, but got a heavy shower this morning.  Weatherman said this week will finally be upper 80s, but also showed chance of lightening/rain on all seven days on the forecast this morning!  weather_thunder.gif