Sign in to follow this  
landsurveyor

Another GT14 find in the UK!

landsurveyor

Hi Folks,

Hope that you are all well!  Its been a LONG time since I have been on here due to selling my Wheelhorses to fund an old car!

I did still keep hold of my John Deere 140, but I couldn't resist the urge any longer and have bought a Wheel Horse GT14, which is the model I have always wanted!

This one came from Torquay, from a chap called Basil Fawlty I seem to remember....I bought it from the original owners neighbour (in Torquay) and it had been sat at the bottom of the original owners garden for a few years since he sadly died.  The guy I bought it from asked if he could have it, he then realised that it wouldn't fit down the side of his house, so sold it to me!

I have added the plough hitch and blade that I had kept hold of just in case the bug caught again...it did come with a fresh battery and a 48 inch deck with no rot, so all good!

I know you like pictures:

post-1035-0-16147900-1371499319_thumb.jp

post-1035-0-83116200-1371499357_thumb.jp

post-1035-0-52427200-1371499391_thumb.jp

Neil - it was originally supplied by a dealer near you in Cannington, Somerset - B H White and son, it still has the plate attached to it.

Anglo Traction

Long time No hear Simon.............. That has to be the tidiest GT14 in it's original clothes. Lucky man and you have confirmed the inevitable ......there is no cure , even after a long abstinence...... Good to see you back posting.

953 nut

:woohoo:    Fantastic   :text-coolphotos:   I realy enjoy my GT 14, it is a real worker, yours has seen a lot of love over the years.

wheeledhorseman

Suddenly everone seems to be getting themselves a GT-14! Well done for finding that one which seems to be in very good original condition. I hope that old JD of yours has been kicked out of your tractor shed to make way for the new arrival.

It was great to meet you again a little while back to collect the roller and good to see you posting again on RS. Welcome back mate!

Andy

coldone

That is one great looking GT14. I am surprised it looks so nice since it was in the vicinity of Basil Fawlty himself. Manuel must have kept it up for him. :grin:

neil

WOW. Welcome back Simon Hope you and the family are well .

That is one real nice GT14 , Is it the original paintwork & did the blade come with the tractor ?

I am suprised that you managed to get that tractor down the side of your house too.

would be good to have some more pics ,

It looks like you still have the steering wheel cap attatched , these are normally lost when the sterring wheel goes out of shape a little .

Stigian

Welcome to the UK GT 14 club Simon, she sure looks a beauty :handgestures-thumbup:

Interesting to see the plastic shifter plate has warped in the same way as the one on my GT... I guess they all do it after a while.

meadowfield

looking good Simon!

Neil started the trend and I just had to follow...

Any chance of a close up of the dealer plate on the side for my collection?   

mark

Lars

Wow that looks really good.. clean her up and she shine's like new.. :)

Stormin

Why are they all darn sarf?  :crying-yellow:

Very nice. :thumbs:

neil

Stormin, I do remenber seeing a couple for sale on that auction site as far up as Chester ,

meadowfield

Neil,

they were hatchet jobs though - wrong front axles/bits missing...

WH Raider10

Nice find! I have also sold 6 of 8 wheelhorses I owned to raise money for other projects. But every time I see a wheelhorse for sale at a good price I can't resist buying it!  :laughing-rofl:  :razz:

P-J

farmer

Nice machine Simon, wonder if it ever got a 'dam good thrashing' from Basil.  :deadhorse:   :)

Anglo Traction

Nice machine Simon, wonder if it ever got a 'dam good thrashing' from Basil.  :deadhorse:   :)

What like this you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

landsurveyor

Wow what a response,  good to hear from you all again!!

Andy - good to see you too, hope that the roller is ok?  I would like to upgrade to a D soon, so might have to follow in your footsteps!

Britt C - Manuel was out when I collected, probably probably putting some money on the horses for Basil!

Neil - Glad to see your collection expanding!  The wheel cap is not original, just something I found that fitted (almost!).  I think the paint is original, is a bit scabby in places, but not bad for something that has sat outside under a sheet for a couple of years.  I already had the blade, just thought I would see if it fitted.

Mark - Plate pic here:  Do you sell the decals for the rear panel on their own, as mine is missing - PM me if you do and I will send payment to you direct.

post-1035-0-50596600-1372080052_thumb.jp

The question is what do I now do with the John Deere -  do I keep it, or do I sell it to fund some "tractor" style tyres for the rear of the GT14???

post-1035-0-13822700-1372080232_thumb.jp

Anglo Traction

The question is what do I now do with the John Deere -  do I keep it, or do I sell it to fund some "tractor" style tyres for the rear of the GT14???

attachicon.gifJohn Deere 140.jpg

:jaw: It's Green !...........   :silence: dd  ddd ddd dddump it

Don1977

I believe the hitch for the Snow plough on a 14 GT mounted in front of the rear axle. The later C- Series mounted under the axle that would make up the difference in length.

Edited by Don1977