Sign in to follow this  
Marv

Hanging to dry / cure

Marv

Not enough space for everything so decided to start hanging pieces.

Marvin

post-5287-0-96087600-1370741768.jpgpost-5287-0-89829900-1370741841.jpg

Lagersolut

I'll be doing the same thing in the next couple of weeks, what flavor paint are you spraying- ? I'm thinking of staying away from the rattle cans and going with the PPG  Wheel horse red and a clear coat for the sheet metal.

I know years ago I just bought IH red in the rattle cans ( forget who made it ) , it's way darker than the original paint after I got to some original  on the tear down and compared .

I'm doing a '79

JackC

Nice sign for the stable.

rmaynard

I'll be doing the same thing in the next couple of weeks, what flavor paint are you spraying- ? I'm thinking of staying away from the rattle cans and going with the PPG  Wheel horse red and a clear coat for the sheet metal.

I know years ago I just bought IH red in the rattle cans ( forget who made it ) , it's way darker than the original paint after I got to some original  on the tear down and compared .

I'm doing a '79

I just finished painting my 701 with PPG Shop-line acrylic urethane (single-stage) in Wheel Horse red. Never again. That Shop-line is bad stuff. Going to use base coat/clear coat next time in something better.

Edited by rmaynard

squonk

I hang parts all over the place. Only one problem, I have limited vision in my right eye so I always end up clanging one off of my forehead. Wouldn't be a big deal except one time it was a Farmall Cub front wheel weight! :auto-ambulance:

Lagersolut

I'm doing a '79

I just finished painting my 701 with PPG Shop-line acrylic urethane (single-stage) in Wheel Horse red. Never again. That Shop-line is bad stuff. Going to use base coat/clear coat next time in something better.

Any recommendations ? 

I bought a rattle can of  Rustoleum Regal red and that stuff is as close as coconuts to the original ,  but I want something I can spray with the compressor that's not the soft enamel  out of a can  and durable  etc etc etc

Marv's stuff looks good......

AMC RULES

Does the sign work?

:wwp:

B-8074

This is what I used. It's a good durable paint and I think it looks pretty good. It would've came out better but I messed up the primer coat. And since it was on my daily worker I didn't redo it.

post-2569-0-89563000-1370777571_thumb.jp

post-2569-0-63609100-1370777711_thumb.jp

Here is a before and after.

post-2569-0-42216800-1370778252_thumb.jp

post-2569-0-24944900-1370778349_thumb.jp

Lagersolut

This is what I used. It's a good durable paint and I think it looks pretty good. It would've came out better but I messed up the primer coat. And since it was on my daily worker I didn't redo it.

attachicon.gifIMAG0355-1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0354.jpg

Here is a before and after.

attachicon.gifIMAG0296-1.jpg

I like the paint, those cast wheel weights are really getting my attention , think I'll scribble that on my wish/want  list for the show this year :notworthy:

Marv

Golds-Red,

The paint I am using is Rustoleum Sunrise red. This whole business of paint / Painting is a big deal for me. I think I need painting 101, 102, 103 etc. What I find is there are so many shades of red it is very difficult to match anything with a ready off the shelf paint. I started using the sunrise red then ran across Rustoleum acrylic automotive (what does that mean?) in red. Well, I used some of that on another item and it looks good. Slightly diffrent shade. Then The instructions say apply 2 or more light coats a few minutes apart. What is a light coat? Does that mean spray so you still see primer then do it again so it covers the primer? Primers are another confusing part of this. There is a clean metal primer, self etching primer, automotive primer, and high build. I finally decided just take one and prime. I have been using the clean metal primer because it is almost white. I read somewhere that using white primer makes the top coat stand out better. As you can see I have a lot to learn about paint and painting.

Jack,

Thanks on the sign. The horses were acting up so I thought if I put up the sign they would settle down.

Squonk,

I didn't get hit on the head but one of the fenders fell 10 feet to the floor because I didn't secure it properly. Fortunately it was primer coat so I should be able to re do it. I won't do that again.

Craig,

The sign works. I have it on a switch so I can turn it on when the horses act up.

Marvin