Sign in to follow this  
sshell

sshell

Just Sterted putting the engine back in the 702 last night. I didnt take a picture of the rebuiled but I will on the reinstall and post them. This is how it looked 2 days ago, Picture235.jpg. Will post more pics B)

Steve

sshell

picture of engine mounted up. It's funny how I always seem to loose some parts like the starter/gen. adj. bracket <_< adapt and overcome B)

Tractors018.jpg

Tractors015.jpg

Tractors013.jpg

T-Mo

Good job, Steve. Looks like a fun project.

sshell

I have her fired up! :horseplay: :banana: :whistle: I now have to break her in and finish her up. Will post some new pics shortly B)

T-Mo

That's great news, Steve. I can't wait to see it when you're done.

sshell

Well,My luck has been crap lately. It started missing and I am getting a fouled plug along with a slight tapping high up on the jug. B):whistle:B) I think I might have cracked a ring going together B) well here is a pic of how far along I WAS B)

tractors006.jpg

, I hoped to have the ol hhorse back together for the weekend, first one off in a year.

tractors008.jpg

sshell

Well back to square one B) Took the engine back off and will start to tear it back down. Will keep you posted.

tractors025.jpg

TT

That's a good view of the front of the frame...... good enough to see that it's a 1963. B) :whistle:

sshell

TT I'm glad you replied. That is a question I have on this 702 and a 854 I have. The serial # on this 702 is 62-1177 and I can not read the one on the 854. I have pics of both in a post in the other brands section about a farmall cub. I think the frames on the 702 and the 854 have been swaped by the guy I got them from. The 854 has the wrong dash and hood, they are from a late 60's unknown model. I will try to post the pics here soon, at work now. :whistle: I would like to put them both back to spec. just not sure if 702 is correct and only 854 wrong? B) confusion is my friend

sshell

Thanks TT, I didnt realize you had already answered my question in the farmall post. :banghead: Guess I should check more befor I ask. :USA: I have had horse for a long time but I am just now getting into finding out history on them. Man I love Wheel Horses :banana:

sshell

Well guys, bad news. The piston is cracked. I guess I did not look close enough when I was putting her together. :USA: Story of my life jumping the gun. I decided to put a :omg::banghead: Techumse 8 horse I have in it so I can prep the new garden area this fall. lack of funds will make this a spring project now.

tractors030.jpg

Sorry bad piture, The crack is in the top ring grove. :thumbs: Well onto the next project, I have the parts for the k181 in the 877 so I will start on it.

tractors032.jpg

bell

Well, atleast there wasn't any major damage... And you have a temporary engine so you don't have to rush on it... :banghead: