Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

D series 3 point hitch????

B-8074

Can you go to Tractor Supply and buy off the shelf 3 point hitch parts and use them on a D series tractor?

bitten

You can get the pins and top links there. 

jeremi3210

What parts are you looking for?

B-8074

I would need everything accept the two vertical pieces that go on the transmission case. I only asked because I have a chance to get a D-180 with an Onan motor at a real good price. The only thing is that it comes with no attachments at all.

Hodge71

D-180's do not have Onan motors from the factory. Its either a 160 or a 180 that has been repowered with the Onan froma 160...just a heads up, 180's had Kohler K-482 twins

Trouty56

Might be able to find the lower arms and hangers.....they are probably the only common part.  The upper bell crank and bushings....top arms.....and top link cross member are all unique I'd imagine....

• Like 1

jeremi3210

A friend of mine has the complete set up pm me if you are interested.

JamesBe1

Yeah, there's not much you can get a TSC for cat 0 3-point hitches.  Especially manufacturer specific parts.  I've looked around there and all they really have are generic parts, and those are usually cat 1 and above.

Keep in mind, that the d-series is a cat 0, with a 3000RPM PTO.  There are very few after market attachments that operate at that RPM.  The vast majority are 540 RPM (?).  We in the Wheel Horse world are kinda limited as far as cat 0 attachments.  I've been looking for a speed reducing gearbox in the off chance that I might be able to adapt other manufacturer's attachments.  No luck yet.

wheeledhorseman

The 3 point hitch was only ever an optional extra even on the D-200 so they only appeared on the tractors new when someone purchased a tractor plus an attachment or two that needed it. Those Ds that had no 3 point also lack the PTO shaft running from front to rear as it was part of the kit.

It's possible to make the parts (or have them made) for the rear hitch either following the originalish arrangement or simply to be funcional. Meadowfield has made a 3 point to replace the missing one on his GT-14 and Stigian has made one for his wonderful 6x6 project. If you can get a completish one for a D at a reasonable price then to my mind it's worth going for even without the front to rear drive shaft because, as James has said , there are problems finding powered attachments that will operate at the high rpm.

To my mind a three point makes a D look good and there are still things you can use with it even though it's CAT 0. For some reason upper and lower CAT 0 pins are easy to get even here in the UK. For my part I've just modified a CAT 1 boom sprayer for a compact tractor which will now fit onto either Cat 0 or Cat1 tractors. It uses an electric pump so watch this space in the Attachments section as I hope to get some photos over the weekend. Going this route though it is important to remember that the frame of the D is only designed for CAT 0 loads so some CAT 1 stuff will be too heavy.

Happy hunting

Andy

bewford

D pto speed is 2000rpm

"D"- Man

One other thing to consider is that the hitch is only part of the package, adding one would also require a second hydraulic cylinder w/ hoses, and of course if the dual hydro valve on the tractor didn't come equipped with one already, you would need a second valve lift lever. I personally think if you are going to get a good deal on the tractor, and you can locate some cat "0" attachments reasonable, you will not regret getting it.  Mark.