Sign in to follow this  
mowermike

Hi Wheel Horse friends! Mowermike.

mowermike

Hello Everybody, friendly greetings from the Cologne / Bonn region in Germany. After looking around for several months I bought a 1978 Wheel Horse B-111 ( built in the Belgian plant). It´s in good condition, almost no rust and built like a tank. I continuously observe internet makets in Germany hoping to find earlier U.S. built Wheel Horse tractors. About once a month a B-111 or a B-81 is on offer, normally in poorer condition. The impression I get is that the Belgian built models from the mid-seventies were the first Wheel Horse tractors marketed seriously here in Germany where German built lawn & garden tractors e.g. Gutbrod, Holder and Hako cornered the market. Even John Deeres from the late sixties and early seventies are quite rare here. It looks like I´ll have to go to the U.K. to get a B-100 or something older. I wish you all a lot of pleasure this summer mowing with your Wheel horses. I love it and I´m always looking for excuses to use the tractor. As well as the original triple-bladed mowing deck, I have a matching trailer and a  lawn-sweeper and I´m on the hunt for a suitable lawn spiker-aerator.

Mowermike.

nylyon

Welcome Mike.  I know we have had other members from Germany, but they haven't placed their tag in the map.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/membermap/

I am always glad when our international community grows, it really helps bring the world together, even if just for a little seat time :)

meadowfield

Hey, welcome to the group!

Have fun

Stormin

'Ow do! :greetings-waveyellow:

wheeledhorseman

Welcome to RS Mike, it's good to see the European members grow in number.

We'd love to see you post some photos of your tractor, trailer and sweeper.

I'm sure Mark (Meadowfield) would also like the serial number of your tractor for the Euro Wheel Horse Register.

Good luck with your hunt for an aerator, I've just picked one up here in the UK - very rusty at the moment but it works really well.

post-4509-0-00219400-1370464282_thumb.jp

post-4509-0-15763100-1370464310_thumb.jp

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

AMC RULES

:WRS:

KATO

welcome to :rs:

Stigian

Hi Mike, welcome to RedSquare.. Good to have another euro member aboard... Have fun. :handgestures-thumbup:

wh1257

welcome to redsqaure greetings from belguim