meadowfield

Super Bendy 4x4 wheel horse

meadowfield

Hi all,

Slightly distracted... You can never have too many horses or projects and I'm currently working on project C4, my 4x4 conversion on a C-101.

Hopefully get back to this by Xmas :)

Edited by meadowfield

C-101plowerpower

super bendy 4x4 project is put on hold for the not so bendy 4x4 project?

W/H JUNKY

Very cool. I seen one at the show in Charlotte, Michigan and have wanted to build one every sinces. Please keep us posted.

diggerjames

Any more updates on super bendy brilliant pictures

meadowfield

Sorry, no updates. I got distracted with the other love in my life.... The 4x4 conversion on my C-101 :)

Normal service will resume in the next few months

diggerjames

I've just started restoring a d200 just got her running after been sat in my garage for 5 years. Was half tempted to convert to 4x4 but might be a shame to alter it what do u think?

meadowfield

Depends on the type on conversion. If you do a Bob Rock style then the D200 is a great tractor. If you plan for a 4wd axle to put under the heavy front and hydro too then it will not be so simple.

Mark

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

I've just started restoring a d200 just got her running after been sat in my garage for 5 years. Was half tempted to convert to 4x4 but might be a shame to alter it what do u think?

i'd say go for the conversion to 4wd, i think it's something the factory should've had as an accessory for the D's

Koen

diggerjames

I think I would need a hydraulically driven front axle of some sort or an axle which I could conver putting a hydraulic motor on.!

dodgemike

You gents amaze me with your

ability. And everything looks

like it just rolled off the line at

WheelHorse!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

meadowfield

Project C4 is finished, so I might just be able to start posting fresh updates here soon...

posifour11

Project C4 is finished, so I might just be able to start posting fresh updates here soon...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

C-101plowerpower

:woohoo:  :happy-jumpeveryone:  :text-bump:  :banana-tux:  :happy-bouncyshadowgreen:  

great to see project bendy is being started again :)

Koen

RMCIII

Gonna be another great build I can see it already. On my bucket list to do... Any chance of installing these on the little gem?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/c/522/ATV-Tracks

I have been waiting to see what one with tracks would look like. Not being biased,  but an articulated tractor with tracks is one impressive sight to see in a corm field. I could only imagine what the neighbors would think of a GT with tracks and a big o'l blade hanging off the front of it.

Dreaming.

C-101plowerpower

like this?

caseih_steiger_03.jpg

Koen

• Like 1

meadowfield

Whilst I like the big stiegers and quadtracs, I will stick with 4 regular wheels at until until I prove it works... :D

• Like 1

diggerjames

What's your thoughts on drive to the axles nark you have my brain in over drive with ideas

JAYDOG 69

that's awesome keep the pics coming this will be a good one to follow

meadowfield

What's your thoughts on drive to the axles nark you have my brain in over drive with ideas

Look at project C4, but for the centre pivot I'm using the same idea of transferring drive from the front to the rear....

wheeledhorseman

Look at project C4, but for the centre pivot I'm using the same idea of transferring drive from the front to the rear....

When do we get to see the lego model for this Mark? I remember you mentioning this probably a couple of years back which got me thinking about making a 'bendy' out of two vertical shaft horses I had at the time where the belt drive could be transferred axially through the pivot. I'm still intreagued though about a horizontal shaft tractor solution.

Andy

meadowfield

Andy,

The Lego model was made around 3 years ago. My son possibly still has it.... Watch this space. :D

The vertical shaft solution is the easiest as it works really well with 5 speed peerless boxes from westwoods, as the gear linkages can be synchronised. The belts connect simply through the centre pivot point saving a lot of effort.

Mark

meadowfield

Here you go... It was under child no.2's bed :D

Hopefully it shows the way the drive couples, gearboxes are similar copies of WH ones :)

f9dab5daa5b20ead68ecf6725ba5d80a_zps6cd5

799d7aca5d20f7b2473d226b0b96450f_zps10fa

• Like 4

Bobie01

brilliant!!!

wheeledhorseman

:text-bravo:  Mark, ingenious solution!

Hmm, think I've got a box of 'Lego Technic' in the loft somewhere -must get it out and have a play sometime.

Andy

Edited by wheeledhorseman

RMCIII

like this?

caseih_steiger_03.jpg

Koen

EXACTLY LIKE THAT..... Except I am more partial to the Stieger IV's, but then again, they never came with tracks...... SO, YEP, EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!! :handgestures-thumbupright: