Sign in to follow this  
Jdslednut

Raider 14 With Johnson Loader

Jdslednut

I have to admit it.  I have been a "looker" on this site for awhile now, ever since I aquired my Raider 14.  I sure have learned a lot of neat things about Wheel Horses and how friendly Redsquare members are.  I received my Raider through a trade for a Craftsman that I had found as the PO wanted a 2nd mower.  The Raider didn't have a deck and he knew I would love to have it as another GT to play with.

I was fortunate enough to receive the loader from a friend here in town who told me I could have it if I mounted it on a tractor and brought it to the summer town celebration show.  We've been bringing restored big tractors and I've been bringing a few of my GTs to the show as well as running one in the parade with our FFA Alumni Chapter.  I couldn't turn down that deal.

Here's a few pictures of my loader fit-up to the Raider.  It originally was fitted to a CC Original so I went ahead and created a new set of bracketry. 

Just looking to share what I've done with the help of the forum and to see if you have any other suggestions/comments on the design.  I won't be working it too very hard - probably just moving the pile of snow at the end of the driveway when the city plows me in.  The next steps for me include making a stabilizer bracket for the exhaust and detemining where the tranny leak is coming from that I discovered today.  I should have figured there might be an issue seeing that it was quite low when I topped it off.

Thank you again for a great site full of information and good people.

post-7650-0-60082800-1370237454_thumb.jp

post-7650-0-40689500-1370237461_thumb.jp

post-7650-0-87517300-1370237468_thumb.jp

post-7650-0-49204700-1370237617.jpg

post-7650-0-65582600-1370237711.jpg

post-7650-0-88898300-1370237844.jpg

• Like 1

dsholler

The loader is cool, looks like a beast.....but that seat looks a tad uncomfortable.... :)

AMC RULES

Love that FEL...nice retrofit there. 

:WRS:

KC9KAS

:WRS:

I had my eye on a Bronco 14 with a FEL, but the guy wouldn't sell for anything.

It sat outside in the weather for years, and was pretty rough shape.

The guy had a stroke, was put into a nursing home and his son has it now.

rexman72

welcome that loader looks good

Jdslednut

I drove it over to the loader PO's place tonight.  He was full of smiles.  I'm glad he was happy with the outcome.  Now, hopefully before long I can bring it to him with some shine.

B-8074

That looks great. I have a johnson loader as well but still haven't mounted it. I'm still working out where to mount the pump. Any chance you could get a few close up pics of how you mounted yours? Thanks. And again, nice job.

Jdslednut

Here's a few close up pump pics.

post-7650-0-73357400-1370374191_thumb.jp

post-7650-0-31008400-1370374196_thumb.jp

post-7650-0-72253500-1370374202_thumb.jp

papaglide

Really nice work, man!

Jdslednut

Ignore the weld quality on the bracket gusset.  Eessh!  It was a tough spot to get in to and I didn't want to remove it.  Got a little time to install an exhaust stabilizer.

post-7650-0-00225400-1370382297_thumb.jp

The loader is cool, looks like a beast.....but that seat looks a tad uncomfortable.... :)

It is just a little uncomfortable.  Will be looking for a replacement.

Austin860

I wouldn't replace it, it's a rare original seat, that sell for 65 bucks a piece. So I would keep it

Jdslednut

I wouldn't replace it, it's a rare original seat, that sell for 65 bucks a piece. So I would keep it

Are new cushions available for it?

B-8074

Thanks for the pics. That gives me some good ideas.