Sign in to follow this  
Pullman

How do I???

Pullman

Ok I have a c85 with a lamboardi diesel motor , the transmission is 3-2-1-R with a high and a low, and I'm wondering what I need to do , because low 3 gear is to slow to get moveing good enuff to keep going unless its hard packed ground, and 1high is to high , do I need to change my pulley on the motor, bigger or smaller pulley I'm thinking smaller?

Deere Hunter

To speed it up you want to go bigger pulley on the engine side and to slow it down go smaller. What size pulley do you have on it now? On my stockers I always pulled in 2nd or 3rd High with a 4" pulley on the engine.

SousaKerry

:text-yeahthat:

We tried High 3rd one pull a few weeks ago on the stock 10HP and not enough power from the engine.  Did not go far... 

What RPM does the engine run at, the gas engines are set up for 3700-4000RPM if the diesel goes slower then you will need a bigger pulley.  The drive pulley from a hydro is bigger and then you can use a hydro belt guard to keep everything stock-ish

baerpath

I would take 1/4 off the front and add 1/4 to the rear. That will split down a gear and still run the stock belt.  We used to run a 8hp Kohler in stock 1st high on 26 tires no problem(transfer sled)