Now you see them,

WP_20130521_002.jpg

Now you don't.

WP_20130521_003.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Why, where'd they go?     :eusa-think: 

Jim_M

I need to hill mine again as soon as it drys out. I have to do mine the old fashioned way though.

CasualObserver

Hrmmm... you're hilling potatoes and my garden is still just a muddy square I can't get into to even plant!  We're triple the normal rainfall for the month, and still have another day of rain in the forecast.

rydogg

Hrmmm... you're hilling potatoes and my garden is still just a muddy square I can't get into to even plant!  We're triple the normal rainfall for the month, and still have another day of rain in the forecast.

Too much rain for getting a garden in but you should see my hay meadow....if it ever stops raining I can get it cut and baled.

farmer

I thought I'd share my potato harvest, so here are some pictures :)

The first two pics show row 1 which were second earlies lifted in early August, rows 2-6 were main crop and we ploughed those out about week ago. The yield was really good (which helped to make up for last years poor crop), off 6  50ft rows we got 320kgs. :thumbs:    Its nice to know there's sacks of spuds in store, now I've just got to hope they're good keepers.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

WP_20130819_001.jpg

WP_20130819_002.jpg

WP_20130901_001.jpg

WP_20130901_003.jpg

WP_20130901_002.jpg

• Like 3

Anglo Traction

Nice Yield and look's a good quality crop Rex, that's over a 1kg per foot run. Good bit of tooling that Spud lifter!, look's like it doesn't damage the produce either.

Good to see pics of the WH at work too. Thanks for showing. :handgestures-thumbup:  

AMC RULES

Love the dog and :wh: picture.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

meadowfield

Awesome Rex!!

Glad to have you back too...

312Hydro

706 lbs! How do you plan to store them? I am a newbie at farming.

farmer

Thanks for the nice comments chaps, so far its been a bumper year for the garden, but I think there's more work involved in preserving the harvest than growing the crops! :)

Rich, I try to keep things simple so I use hessian sacks on a pallet, they give good airflow and can be reused many times. My storage area is in an outbuilding, if temperatures drop I'll cover them with an old duvet, I go through the sacks 3-4 times over the winter discarding anything that may spoil the rest.

If you can lift clean, disease free undamaged tubers, treat them like eggs, protect them from sunlight and frost, you should reduce storage losses to a minimum.........Piece of cake really.  :P