Sign in to follow this  
Jsmay101

Wheel Horse 520H resto.....

Jsmay101

Hi guys, just picked up a 520H tractor with snow blade.. This I gonna be a dedicated snow machine. I want to repaint it and get it all nice nice for winter. I know there are paint numbers listed ect but my question is has anyone ever used the white/cream paint on the wheels for the newer tractors.. I love the look if older tractors. If some one has could you please post a photo? Thanks

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS: 

IIRC, the Duke is a big fan of doing up our  :wh: 's with white rims too. 

Looking through his photo gallery should give you a good idea of what your 520's wheels will look like.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Edited by amcrules00

Jsmay101

Awesome!!!! Thanks

Stigian

Half way there with my 312-8.. White wheels on the back.

P3040216_zpsf4a11de2.jpg

Wishin4a416

I am cleaning up a 310-8 right now and am going to do the same thing. I will use rustoleum canvas white in a rattle can.

I have no pictures yet except for the ones I did for my 160.

Oops. And welcome to Red Square!

Edited by Wishin4a416

welderman85

heres my 314 the wheels are gloss almond 8165542761_b8b25553cc_z.jpg

• Like 3

WildHorses

For what it's worth I don't like the look. I guess I'm a factory fit and finish kind of guy. It might look better with some other white accents or stripes idk? My thought when I see white wheels on a raccoon hood model is that someone has swapped wheels from another tractor and didn't take the time to paint them. But to each his own, do what you like best.

• Like 1

Tankman

Have Rustoleum Canvas or Satin White on older Horse hoofs, nice.

For the 400's and 500 I use Duplicolor Silver "Wheel Paint." This Duplicolor product (be sure to get "Wheel Paint") holds up very well and dries very quickly. Easy to touch up as well. :smile:

• Like 1

Jsmay101

Well finally got my 520h.. Opted to grab the 60" deck that was with it.. Funny thing I bought this because we were moving to a new place with a really long driveway. The deal fell through as now I have trax-zilla for my yard an driveway. May consider a little smaller tractor with plow/deck if anyone is interested. If not I can cut my lawn in 25min! Lol

tommyg

Too bad. I told my wife if we ever move, the only criteria I will look for in my next house is a big yard and a long driveway. :) (She thinks I'm joking.) Anyway, I might be interested in that deck if you find something else and need to get rid of it. PM me if you're interested.

Tom

Craig Arndt

The white pops a lot better than the dull gray.  I went with an off-white from Tractor Supply when they sold Valspar paint.

057.jpg

• Like 2

rexman72

welcome to the group