Sign in to follow this  
Edmckna

A100 Swap

Edmckna

The restoration on my A-100 is complete. Unfortunately, the mower deck isn't going to be salvageable. From what I've read and seen online (or lack there of), finding a replacement deck isn't going to be easy. Ebay has little to nothing listed online and a Google Search (even sifting through other Whee Horse Forums) came up empty. If I was to try to save the deck I'd need new Mandrels (all of them are frozen) and a few odds and ends on top of the fact that the deck skin is full of mushy rust holes. Ideas?

sorekiwi

I have an A100 here that came with a RD 36" deck from a "normal" horizontal shaft tractor mounted on it.  From memory there has been a few bits and pieces welded onto it to make it work, but nothing too major.

I'll try to remember to get some pics for you later in the day.

gwest_ca

Some of these model numbers may not be listed at Toro

Side discharge

65-36XS02

65-36XS03

75-36XS01

75-36XS02

Rear discharge

65-36MR02

65-36MR03

75-36MR01

75-36MR02

Garry

sorekiwi

Pics of my adapted deck:  I have never mounted this back up on the tractor, so I cant comment on how well it worked.  When I get round to it, it will be getting converted back to a conventional configuration.

IMG_4102_zpsce8b027a.jpg

IMG_4103_zps81650f3b.jpg

Edmckna

Thanks for the info. and parts # list! Are these decks readily available, ie: parts, etc. ? I know that some riders depreciate a little more than others. 

Edmckna

Pics of my adapted deck:  I have never mounted this back up on the tractor, so I cant comment on how well it worked.  When I get round to it, it will be getting converted back to a conventional configuration.

IMG_4102_zpsce8b027a.jpg

IMG_4103_zps81650f3b.jpg

Looks almost identical to the one I had on it. The original deck was RD. I wonder how good of a cut (clumping) you get out of a RD cut.