Sign in to follow this  
tomctom

Steep Hill

Torino

You could start with weights or fluid in the tires you have and go from there.  I have a hill that I mow.  I used a Murray LT when I first moved in and it mowed the hill without weights.  The rest have been GT's Jd318, jd216, wh 520 and wh520xi.  All of the gt's needed weights or they would spin.  Once I put weight on they did fine.  Funny thing is that little Murray had better traction stock then any of my GT's.  I am beginning to thank that weight does not matter but where the weight is.  The Murray weighted about 400lbs if that and the 520xi weights over 1000lbs and the Murray had better traction.  One good thing about using a light LT is you can stop it if it starts to roll over. 

Save Old Iron

f8ec3d04.jpg

You should take this opportunity to sharpen the blades before you flip it back over - save some time later on ............

Only joking. Glad you are OK

• Like 3

leeave96

You should take this opportunity to sharpen the blades before you flip it back over - save some time later on ............

Only joking. Glad you are OK

That is crazy funny!!!!!!!! LOL

• Like 2

SAM58

Do this....

23 x 12 's   Tru - Power  it goes anywhere I want.

IMG_0358.jpg

Torino

I just did a test with my c-175 ags no weights.  It did better than turf tires but when you do spin it tears up the lawn more.  So if you care about your lawn I would go with weighs and or fluid in you turf tires. I did this in about a second with ags did not know I was even spinning.

post-171-0-15476900-1369691545_thumb.jpg

As you can see my lawn is mostly clover so it is that much more easy to tear up.

AMC RULES

Guys and Gals, it doesn't even have to be a steep incline as I learned last night with these ramps. 

I was idling my little RJ into the shed, and lost forward momentum at the point where the rear wheels were just about to crest the rise of the ramps...when it happened.

Reared up, with the front wheels standing straight up into the air. 

Dumped me off the back, on my butt...luckily I was able to straight arm the tractor, and keep in from toppling over on me. Lucky for me the wife had just gone into the house, and didn't witness this happen. 

Always use caution, as any change in elevation can be a hazard, not just the "steep hills." 

post-3498-0-60853300-1373735750_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-13201000-1373735785_thumb.jp

• Like 3

953 nut

:woohoo:  Thank God you are OK and the wife didn't see it.  If she didn't see it, it never happened, right.  :ROTF:     :text-lol:                               :USA: 

• Like 1

thehorse

On a brighter note....when in the inverted position.....you have easy access to clean the deck up!

• Like 2

312Hydro

Guys and Gals, it doesn't even have to be a steep incline as I learned last night with these ramps. 

I was idling my little RJ into the shed, and lost forward momentum at the point where the rear wheels were just about to crest the rise of the ramps...when it happened.

Reared up, with the front wheels standing straight up into the air. 

Dumped me off the back, on my butt...luckily I was able to straight arm the tractor, and keep in from toppling over on me. Lucky for me the wife had just gone into the house, and didn't witness this happen. 

Always use caution, as any change in elevation can be a hazard, not just the "steep hills." 

Wow,Craig! Two thoughts come to mind . First, I'll bet the center of gravity is pretty far back since the engine is near the tranny and that's before you even get on. The seat looks like it moves your weight behind the wheels? Not sure but looks that way in pic. Must be why they made that tombstone weight? Second, It looks like "Carlos Fandango" with the duals just clearing the doors! In the end though,glad your OK and escaped to tell the tale.Maybe we need to start a "Roll Your Own" or "Bottoms Up" club! Get Terry to make some cool decals! :auto-swerve:

Edited by 312Hydro
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Wheel Weights and Body English do it for me. I did almost turn my 416 over about a month ago but I think that was because it has Cub Cadet wheels on the front and I was not holding my tongue right when I went off camber :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

jay in nc

on my steepest bank i only mow about 1 third of it with the tractor, lots of time i use the wifes craftsman because it has a lower center of gravity. by the way i used to live on Patricia Lane in Bakerstown but the address was Gibsonia Pa   jay in nc

AMC RULES

Wheel Weights and Body English do it for me. I did almost turn my 416 over about a month ago but I think that was because it has Cub Cadet wheels on the front and I was not holding my tongue right when I went off camber :handgestures-thumbsup:

Bet you almost rolled it, trying to hold too much of that peach candy in your cheek. 

:ROTF:

Edited by RJ PICKER

Wheel-N-It

Bet you almost rolled it, trying to hold too much of that peach candy in your cheek. 

:ROTF:

Actually not enough Craig! I went off camber turning around to head back to the house for some more candy. You should have seen me jump off the 416 and land running! The 416 was on two wheels but got back on all four as soon as I ejected :sci-fi-beamup: "Peach Candy gives you Cat like reflexes" !!!

• Like 1