Sign in to follow this  
zach l

Total rebuild kit for carb?

zach l

Does anyone know if or where you can get a total rebuild kit for the carter carb like throttle shaft and gaskets float mixture screws and stuff?

cheesegrader

Onanparts.com

onan 146-0657 is the part number for the carb rebuild kit

Martin

That part number is for the Nikki kit for the onan performer engines p216 up to p224 and a few others......

I think the kit being sought is for the carter series of side draft carbs commonly used on single kohlers. I know you can buy the simple rebuild kits and a bushing/ shaft kit. And mixture needles are available. Why not just buy the separate kits? Local napa store would be able to get all genuine kohler parts for you at reasonable prices.

If you can tell us what model carb it is, maybe we can come up with some part numbers for you......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmaynard

I have never seen a complete rebuild kit for the Carter (Kohler) carburetors. And the term "rebuild kit" as sold is really a misnomer. All that it consists of is a couple of gaskets, a float valve and seat. Hardly a rebuild. As Martin said, determine what it is that you need and order the parts separately. NAPA, as well as many online stores can get you everything that you need. Not every rebuild will need mixtures screws or throttle shafts/bushings. Most just need a good, thorough cleaning.

paulposey

pats small engine has a great look up page