Sign in to follow this  
perry

car recovery with Allis B-110

perry

this was last months adventure. was given this car just had to get it out of the back of a deep 2 acre lot. good little work out for the Allis B-110. the car was there 25+ years and sunk in the soft ground. plan was to pull the car all the way out to the truck and dolly out front. i got the car pulled out a ways but the frame was digging down into the dirt , so i stopped and brought the car dolly back there and hauled it the rest of the way with tractor

Allis pulling
video part 2 -

01cortina001_zpsef62c515.jpg

01cortina002_zps0ec5742d.jpg

01cortina003_zps5fcbb079.jpg

01cortina005_zpsacc840eb.jpg

01cortina006_zpsfbf27741.jpg

01cortina009_zpse49df57f.jpg

01cortina010_zps312416ca.jpg

01cortina013_zps18daa542.jpg

01cortina018_zps31739918.jpg

car at home , only one flat tire on the way.
01cortina020_zpsb8d1cad0.jpg

01cortina021_zps2de27b9a.jpg

01cortina026_zpsea385014.jpg

01cortina023_zps54457a92.jpg

01cortina024_zps022b0451.jpg

roscoemi

Lowering the hood would have lessened the wind resistance! :ychain:

WH854

Looks like that car was used on a dirt track some time in its past, with them bars welded in side, that seat looks like an old race car seat :ROTF:  :thumbs:

Chas

bowtieguy

I think you'd be ready to race if ya had a big ole number ....9..... painted on the door with a big ole paint brush!!! :auto-iroc:  :auto-layrubber:  :auto-swerve:

PS...of course that's your member number!!!......then park it in the front yard as some "yard art"

PSS....I like your pit crew checking out the rear tire.....probably getting ready to cool it off!!!!

perry

I think you'd be ready to race if ya had a big ole number ....9..... painted on the door with a big ole paint brush!!!

there is a faint #88 on the trunk. this car was ran at our local road race track in waterford , MI. the neighbor came out and gave me a little history of the car. said it was there when he moved in 1985. and the owners race buddys would come out and get parts off the car. guess the guy had another one in the garage and a barn full of parts. its a 1967 ford cortina GT MK2  made in england. they are big collector cars in the UK.

Stigian

Wow!! A Mk2 GT... It's been a long while since I've seen one of those!!

What's your plans for it Perry?

If your going to scrap it I'd take off as many "sell-able" original parts as you can..   I'm sure a Cortina fan would pay top dollar for any hard to find parts...

• Like 1

perry

Wow!! A Mk2 GT... It's been a long while since I've seen one of those!!

What's your plans for it Perry?

If your going to scrap it I'd take off as many "sell-able" original parts as you can..   I'm sure a Cortina fan would pay top dollar for any hard to find parts...

yep it's a US version GT. too bad it was gutted into a race car. i took what parts were left and posted them on ebay. I signed up with a UK cortina forum . they seem to be pretty big over there. the one rear rim is a sought after 5 1/2 x J Lotus rim. I have a guy in australia really after the stainless trim , but shipping price is killing the deal.

puddlejumper

We had a guy around here that always ran ou812, the announcer tried o you ate hundred12, ou ate 12, ou ate one two, It was a pretty good number for a demolition car.

Ken B

Very impressive video Perry. I have owned many an Allis and or Simplicity and I know first hand they are very capable!