Sign in to follow this  
cdsl810

520 drum brake

cdsl810

Is the mysterious brake band that contacts the brake drum supposed to have a lining? This would be for the 2nd generation dual function brake setup. I can't get even close to adjusting the brakes so that the parking brake and regular brake functions simultaneously. It appears that I'm short a good 1/4 inch of material to make this possible. The parts diagram seems to picture the brake band with a lining, which mine does not have. Either the band or the drum (or both) are worn to the point of no longer functioning. I ask you, fellow 520-ers...

WH854

Is the mysterious brake band that contacts the brake drum supposed to have a lining? This would be for the 2nd generation dual function brake setup. I can't get even close to adjusting the brakes so that the parking brake and regular brake functions simultaneously. It appears that I'm short a good 1/4 inch of material to make this possible. The parts diagram seems to picture the brake band with a lining, which mine does not have. Either the band or the drum (or both) are worn to the point of no longer functioning. I ask you, fellow 520-ers...

Yes you are supposed to have a break lining that contacts the break drum I think the P/N is109371 pricey too :thumbs:

Chas

Tankman

I've heard, "Take the band to a local brake shop."

Some have purchased the band material online. Worth a peek-a-boo. :smile:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#brakes/=mmzguc

Search for "brake lining" (without the quotes)

stevasaurus

Not sure if it will work for your horse, but rmaynard was selling that material for brake bands...send him a PM  it was not expensive either. :)