buckrancher

If we ever have a ugly tractor contest I have my entry

Shuboxlover

Heck.....that's better than MOST of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thirdjoker

thats not fair. it seems all the wheel horses are everywhere but North Carolina. you guys are so lucky.

• Like 1

JUSS10

I've seen much worse! looks like a great machine. and for a 603 thats pretty cool. it has the right foot rests and steering wheel which are pretty hard to find. I have a repowered 603 and its one of my favorite tractors! very nice!

rmaynard

Looks like a great find Brian.

papaglide

Nice tractor and nice story about how you got it!

wallfish

It actually looks much better when you're sitting on it.

neil

Nothing ugly about that little Gem , The little Panzer looks rather sexy too

JimD

That's a great find of a hard to come by model Brian. I can imagine what it will look like when you're done with it. :)

squonk

Looks like you're both dressed up for winter! :thumbs: I wish Marvin looked that good.

Jake Kuhn

I would never call that ugly! 3/4 of mine look way worse than that, but I really see nothing bad about it. Great find Brian! :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

If we ever have an ugly tractor contest that is the ONE contest that you would lose miserably in! :ychain:

Good things come to those who wait. That is a nice score, I'm sure it is going to look sweet when you are done with it.

Fun Engineer

Looks nice and complete Brian. Congratulations :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Is that an orginal steering wheel?

MarkPalmer

It was probably very hard for old grand-dad to let that thing go.  Chatting with him likely helped him to know you aren't one of these guys who's going to strip it down for parts to sell on E-Bay.  It looks great just as it is... showing off the decades of work it enjoyed doing and can continue to enjoy  :)

• Like 1

dw753

I've seen much worse! looks like a great machine. and for a 603 thats pretty cool. it has the right foot rests and steering wheel which are pretty hard to find. I have a repowered 603 and its one of my favorite tractors! very nice!

Sorry to go off topic a bit but don't the correct foot rests for a 603 have a step in them.  Ill see if i have a pic

dw753

Here is pic

IMG_0744_2_zpse6f8322d.jpg

buckrancher

I have seen all three styles of foot rests on the 603's

Looks nice and complete Brian. Congratulations :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Is that an orginal steering wheel?

yes but it was broke and rewelded back on in the wrong place

546cowboy

Well if you think that is ugly here are a couple I've had.

post-1334-0-05360100-1367886805_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-11261900-1367886844_thumb.jp

post-1334-0-18542500-1367886900_thumb.jp

• Like 1

kthack657

Hey Brian, is that wheel horse sign in the background for sale?? wink wink ;)

Hammerhead

Hey that ain't ugly! She is a hot number if ya ask me, 603 what a peice! The 603 came with all 3 types of footrest's, the step down type are the rarest (Part # 3624 I think) they only made them for a very short time in late 1960 early 1961 and then they switched to the elongated more common angled footrest's, part # 4200 and 4201 and they are a left side and a right side. They also had the more modern 1962 and up stirrup style footrest, I forget that part # though. Cool machines them 603's....One of my favorite Models for sure! The steering wheel on yours is original but it is mounted wrong, the curved part should be up over the hood, that gives you alot more room down by uhhh, your stomach area. I see alot of these steering wheels on backwards. If you check the pics on a 603 manual, you can see it in the correct position. KJ  

buckrancher

Well if you think that is ugly here are a couple I've had.

your right when i saw the middle one I threw up in my mouth a little

Hey Brian, is that wheel horse sign in the background for sale?? wink wink ;)

yes

• Like 1

Tankman

Great Stallion! Ready to work too!

Nice find, very nice! Now, get workin' you've got more to do! :smile:

kthack657

PM sent :D

HorseWhisperer

Im with you Brian,for some reason the ol 603 is kinda desperate looking.Kinda looks like a rusty preying mantis?

Don1977

Cut around a foot of length off the chains would improve it's looks greatly. :techie-eureka:  Or you could ship it down to me and you wouldn't have to look at it. You could keep those chains to make the shipping less. :laughing-rofl: