Sign in to follow this  
racin_ny

1993 314 -H 20 years of continuous service and counting

racin_ny

This is my first Wheel Horse I bought it new in 93 and have been using it to mow 2 1/2 acres weekly ever since. I have not had to replace much on it and most stuff is original. I have had a lot of horses come and go but this one stays around.

post-5945-0-81153200-1367801559_thumb.jp

• Like 2

coolhandblack

Nice looking ride man! I wonder how many garden tractors you buy today will last 20 years? hahaha we all know the answer

• Like 2

papaglide

What size deck do you use to cut that much grass? I am guessing a 48" ?

• Like 1

racin_ny

What size deck do you use to cut that much grass? I am guessing a 48" ?

Yep it's a 48 I bought it like you see $4300.00 in 93

leeave96

You have a GREAT tractor!  I bought a new - left over '97 model like it in '98.  Still have it, it will be the last tractor I turn loose around here.  I generally rotate my tractors into mowing duty each year and this year it's the 314-8's turn.

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1

papaglide

Awesome tractor. I need to get a 48" deck. I use a 42" and it seems to take way too much time!

Amanda

So I was 4 when you bought that ;)

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thats a fine looking one owner 314. Good thing with that much acerage you opted for the 48" deck. I did the same thing in 91 when I bought the 312 you see in my avatar. It certainly was a good investment. How many hours are on your tractor?

Amanda I guess this means you were two when I bought mine. You didn't even know what a Wheel Horse was back then. LOL LOL LOL

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Thats a great looking tractor Brian, looks like you have cared for it very well!

• Like 1

WH nut

I still mow with my 704 every week. For you thats bad at math, that 49 years old. I have newer tractors but love my 704.

• Like 1

racin_ny

Thats a fine looking one owner 314. Good thing with that much acerage you opted for the 48" deck. I did the same thing in 91 when I bought the 312 you see in my avatar. It certainly was a good investment. How many hours are on your tractor?

Amanda I guess this means you were two when I bought mine. You didn't even know what a Wheel Horse was back then. LOL LOL LOL

1099.8 hours

Irv

The 314-8 is a great tractor. I have a 93 I bought a couple years ago for $100. Had been sitting under a deck for 3 years and didn't run. Came with a 36" blower and 37" deck. Needed front tires and wheels, a seat and a battery. Found a loose fuse and she started up and ran like a champ. It's my mower for when I want to bag the grass clippings.