Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Picked up the 1054 from Baerpath this morning.

fireman

Headed out at 6:00am this morning to go pick up the 1054 from Duane. It's a 3 hour ride each way and had to get back in time for dinner with all my family. Also brought home some parts that Docwheelhorse bought from him. The 1054 is great condition. Looks all original except for the seat. Even has a single rear red light on a plate which looks original bought not sure. Gave it a very quick bath as a had to go to dinner with the entire family:

post-1626-0-62478600-1367783882_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-82318100-1367783892_thumb.jp

post-1626-0-74812300-1367783902_thumb.jp

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Very nice jeff! I really like the look of the 1054s and 953's.

stevebo

A few things that I see wrong with it already..... (tractor police)

1- Rear tires and rims

2- Entire pto set up

3- Front grill

I am more than willing to help you find a new home for those itemes :ychain:

Looks very nice for sure!

KC9KAS

Nice looking GT!

Ken B

Looks real nice Jeff. There is one in Ansonia I might take a look at.

fireman

Got back from dinner and just had to take it for a cruise before I locked it away in the trailer (don't have anymore inside storage available so the enclosed trailer will be it's new home). I just love the way it drives. Hydro lift works great. Tuesday I will change the oil, replace the spark plug, fuel lines and pull the carb and give it a quick rebuild. The starter/generator has a loud bearing so I pull that apart and replace those and the brushes while I'm at it. Give her a quick degreasing and she should be good to go. I also contacted Glen Pettit and am getting his reproduction front and rear lenses for it also.

neil

well worth the 6 hour trip, I would love to own one of these  , ithink they are a great looking GT ,  You just need to look out for an original type seat .

Really Nice Tractor great buy

Wheel-N-It

Good looking tractor. Its a keeper for sure.

fireman

Had a marathon day today working on the 1054. It needed a bit more work than I thought. The wiring was an abortion and I replaced a bunch of wires  and cleaned it up so that all the connections are now solid. I had to rebuild the starter/generator as it had a loud bearing. The bearings were actually ok so I cleaned them in the parts cleaned tank and repacked them. The brushed were actually fine. Sanded down all the parts and primed and painted them. It's now back together and on the tractor. I had to pull the gas tank out as it was full of sand and sediment. Only problem was on the 1054 then seat and fender pan are welded to the frame and the tank is mounted between that and the transmission. Had to jack up the rear of the tractor and put stands under the back portion of the frame then unbolt the rear end and let it down so I could pull out the gas tank. The inside of the tank is remarkably clean with no rust except around the fill opening. Rebuilt the tank mounted glass fuel bowl cleaner and re-installed all of that. Next the carb came off and pulled that all apart. There was a lot of scale inside so I soaked the body in the parts cleaner and headed out to get a re-build kit. Luckily the local NAPA had a actual Kohler kit in stock. Came back home and finished cleaning all the parts and re-assembled it with the new parts. Put the carb back on and ran all new fuel line with an inline filter. Pulled off the side covers so I cold adjust the clutch and brake. There were 3 broken bolts in the mounting tabs so took advantage of being in there and got those removed. At this point spayed it down with degreaser and let it sit for a few minutes, then took the pressure washer to it and removed all the old grease and grime. All in all spent about 8 hours on it today. All that work and in a few months I'm still gonna completely tear it apart and give it a proper restoration! I must be crazy! At least it now runs good and is ready to hit the summer shows and cruise around on with no worries of any problems. 

Edited by fireman

welderman85

great looking buy

Kevbo

Very nice! What models besides this maintain that style hood/front? I would like to add that style to my collection someday! Looks great bud! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

fireman

The 953, 1054 and GT14 have this style front end.

Lane Ranger

Great looking 1054 !  Love the way those tractors operate!

papaglide

Nice looking tractor! Gear drive with a hydraulic lift is my ultimate combo.....maybe someday I can add one to the fleet.

VinsRJ

Looks like a great tractor Jeff!