Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Is this Knock normal?

BairleaFarm

Its the low RPM knock. I didnt really notice til this vid but Ive got alot of rattles. Seems ive got a vibration from something.

oldandred

Well the two 16 hp,s I have dont have any noise sounds like the rod has a little play in it B)

illinilefttackle

B) Duramax-it sounds "tin" like to me. Like something hitting one of the shrouds-maybe loose pulley-AL

BairleaFarm

B) thats right I guess i should re evaluate the situation after I fix that

linen beige

I'd be willing to bet it's the flywheel cooling fins hitting the inside of the engine shroud. Start it up, slow it down to the idle that produces that sound, and lay your hand on the shroud. If the flywheel's hitting it you should be able to feel it. Gently flex the shroud in and out and side to side to see if that will change the sound. The fix is to adjust the shroud so that the flywheel doesn't hit it.

bambooheels

sounds like sheet metal not something internal. did you check the oil? B) kidding of course... somehting seems lose somewhere. keep us posted

Docwheelhorse

Hmmmmmm.... sure sounds like tin, but I was also wondering if one of the valve tappets has WAY too much clearance as it almost sounds like a valve tick till you get the RPM's up near the top... :banghead:

I would take the muffler off and run it that way.... I think the tick would go away :USA:

Good Luck

Tony

BairleaFarm

I havent heard the know in weeks - of course that coul dbe because my starter went out :banghead: