Sign in to follow this  
Bluffhunter

New to RedSquare. This is a great site !!!

Bluffhunter

Hello friends,

My father passed away in July 2011, and he always wanted me to have his Wheelhorse, as he knew I would always take very good care of it. I have kept it started every few months, but just haven't had it in me to take it home until just the past week or so. I know it needs to be at my house so I can enjoy using it, and keeping it in tip top shape. It's a 1979 C-161 Automatic, that he bought new, and that was always taken the best of care of. He did rebuild the 16hp Kohler a couple of years before he passed away. It has a snow blade, wheel weights, tire chains, lawn roller, mower deck, and a small trailer with it.

I have already learned a lot just from browsing this website. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun here talking about your horses !

Nice to meet ya.

Kyle ( Bluffhunter )

• Like 3

tbbahner

Welcome! I'm just across the border in Rossville Ks. You've got quite a few close RED blooded, soon to be friends in Mo.

You'll find all the help you need here, wheather you want it or not. Those C series are pretty bulletproof tractors.

Tom B

• Like 2

JC 1965

Hello Kyle and  :WRS: Glad  you joined us here on Red Square. I have a 1979 C-121, I like the  "C" series tractors. If you get the time post a picture of your tractor.   :thumbs2:

• Like 1

KATO

WELCOME TO  :rs:

• Like 1

W9JAB

8f30087d-8ad3-431c-b6a7-4dc55628ae7e.jpg

• Like 1

bowtieguy

Wow...a C-161 w/snow blade and lots of "goodie"....just right to push the 3" off of your driveway this morn!!!!

Like TB said, lots of faded red guys around here to answer your questions........your dad must have been my kind of guy....did I know him?...guess I need to check your profile to see what part of the "flatland" you hang your hat.

PS...did I forget to say "welcome aboard for a fun WH ride"...serveral good tractor shows coming up soon.

• Like 1

Bluffhunter

Thanks for the welcomes and I will try to figure out how to post pictures once I get the old girl home !

Bowtieguy ( Frank ) we are practically neighbors at 184 miles apart. I live 30 mile East of Springfield, Mo.  That would be 30 miles east of where the snow stopped last night.  I have family in Warsaw that got about 4" over night.

Have a GREAT Friday and weekend everyone !!! 

Sparky

:WRS:

Sounds like you have great tractor!

Mike....

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

:WRS::wwp:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

:WRS:   If you spent much time "lurking" on here before joining, you know :wwp: !

That GT with all the attachments will be a wonderful memory of your dad everytime you use it! Enjoy!

• Like 1

953 nut

Welcome, glad to see a horse stay in the family! You will find that this is a great group.

:USA: 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Can't wait to see your Dad's  :wh:

:WRS:

• Like 1

dclarke

Kyle,  :WRS:  You'll find lots of help here.

• Like 1

Amanda

Welcome

• Like 1